Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm cruising along a lot of classifieds sites, trying to get an idea on what price range I'll be looking at for bikes and what areas I'll be able to find something in, and I stumble on what looks like a steal:
2006 Ninja 500, for 1500. The add says it runs just fine, and has all original parts, but no title? I'm a bit suspicious of foul play as it seems a bit too new to have lost the ability to get a new title, or is this semi normal?

If it's legit, is there a way to go about getting a new title drawn up so I could register it to ride on the street?

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Never ever ever buy a bike without title in hand. Period. If a title can be gotten, then tell the seller to get it. If the seller "can't get the title" then you won't be able to get the title either. No title = no plates. No plates = no riding on the street. No riding on the streets = useless bike. I would pass.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
^ +1.

No title, keep looking.
Salvaged title would be a different story.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
pass

it's a 500. You can get a 5 year old one for that price WITH a title, and it'll be exactly the same bike.

not worth the hassle. especially since you're not even saving $1000 on what the bike is worth if it did have a title.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
So I'm cruising along a lot of classifieds sites, trying to get an idea on what price range I'll be looking at for bikes and what areas I'll be able to find something in, and I stumble on what looks like a steal:
2006 Ninja 500, for 1500. The add says it runs just fine, and has all original parts, but no title? I'm a bit suspicious of foul play as it seems a bit too new to have lost the ability to get a new title, or is this semi normal?

If it's legit, is there a way to go about getting a new title drawn up so I could register it to ride on the street?
Thats an easy one. Do the math-2006 with a 4 year note. its 2008. They have no title because they havent finished paying it off.
Now if you DO buy it and you get pulled over, that bike is going to the pound, then to the bank thats been looking for it-I can almost guarantee its not paid off.

Oh yeah, and its only like $10 to get a duplicate title at almost any title place-granted they are the true owners. Ask the guy to get a duplicate title and hes gonna say "i dont wanna mess with it, ya want it or not".

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
No title means it's either stolen, or the guy is going to declare it stolen (by you) after you pay him in cash.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a mail back from the guy, says he's just trying to get rid of it in parts due to some pretty heavy life issues... wrote him back and told him if he can pony up a title I'll buy the bike whole from him.

Good advice though. Never thought about someone skimping out on payments to the bank. Makes sense with the back story he gave on it.

In the end, no title, no sale.

Thank you all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Get the VIN and have it ran. If its stolen turn the fucker into the police. If not, you should probably stay away from it anyways. Bike with no title is pointless.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Should be about 400 . without tittle . yeah try n get it m without that gotta run frm cops nc they will take it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts