Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a newb friend who is looking at getting a Triumph Sprint RS as his first bike. I don't know much about them, except that this seems like a LOT of bike for a beginner. 955cc?! Yikes. Thoughts??

·
Registered
681 Posts
DO NOT let a noobie get that bike....do whatever it takes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been trying to talk him out of it. He's throwing down the usual arguments. I'll grow out of anything smaller, I need something my girl and I can ride, etc. He was thinking about a Suzuki 650S, which I thought was a decent choice, but now this.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Your newb friend is nuts. And outside of making Sportbikers look even worse in the public eye, I'd say let him buy a 955cc bike and get hurt or maimed. Some people have to learn the hard way.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
get him to sign on to this site........

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I started this thread just so I could show it to him! He's not trying to be a badass or anything. He's just hugely underestimating the power of that thing.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My first bike IS a SV650S... I don't even want to think of starting out on anyting b*****... it takes every bit of my attention to not let it get away... I kinda wish I'd started smaller... but I love this bike... and damn... with that lower fairing... looks SEXY AS HELL :leghump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts