Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why? Because someone stole my bike last night. Go figure, I had just about fixed the god damn thing too.

:boid Theives :boid :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
sorry to hear that man.

On a Side note, you ever play Tribes?

I used to know a guy who used the same name, same age and lives in TN

·
Registered
457 Posts
Quik said:
well sum it up it got stolen :asshole
well i know that, but i always like to hear how these things happen so i can take precautions also, i am paranoid about my bike being stolen so i like to get an idea of how things happen. I don't mean any disrespect to him.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NetStalker said:
sorry to hear that man.

On a Side note, you ever play Tribes?

I used to know a guy who used the same name, same age and lives in TN
OMFG! NetStalker! Yeah, it's me Snipes! Go fucking figure it would be a time like this to "run into each other". :asshole

MaxOwner:

Aight, here's my story.

Yesterday morning, before I went to work, my dad told me he was gonna put the bike's battery on slow cycle charge to see if that makes a difference. So I drove to work. Come home 4-5 hours later and hop on the bike to give it a two hour test ride. I had planned to only do a boring 2 hour ride around a 10 mile radius just in case my bike broke down on the ride. But ended up going much farther due to a guy I met on a new red R6. Anyway, got the bike back home, tried to crank it up, and she came right alive. So I turned her off and got ready for class.

Since I was having these battery problems, my dad suggested that I drive the car to school instead and we'd work on the bike tomorrow to see if it was ok or not before taking her to Suzuki. So I decide to listen. After I got ready, I decided I'd give the bike one more test. So I cranked her up with no problem, road around the block for 5-10 minutes and brought her back, hopped in the car, and was off to class. After class was over, I was finally able to get this girl to go out with me I had been messing with at work for weeks. We had a good time, she wants to see me again today, blah, blah, blah. She actually asked me what I was doing today, and my response was, "Working on my bike." So yeah...I can't use THAT as an "excuse" now. :mad:

Anyway, I head home and make it back at 12:30am. As I'm pulling up the driveway, I turn my lights off like I normally do, but I notice SOMETHING laying next to my dog. But I didn't think anything of it, and hope it was just my dog's extended shadow. But no, when I pull all the way in, it's the car cover that was on my bike laying in the middle of the driveway. I look all around the backyard and I'm just thinking, "This isn't happening." I get out, and say to myself, "Yep...it's happening." I go inside, wake my dad up and tell him what happened.

The story I gathered from him was that the bike was still there at 10:30pm, as he had went to the store and came back and she was still there. So somehow, they managed to sneak in, pass my dog without making her growl/bark (she barks at EVERYTHING), and wheel the bike out with the steering lock activated. That shit just baffles me. I had been meaning to get a wheel lock and alarm for too long, too late. But yeah...that's it. What a great 8 months I've had. My December -> July has SERIOUSLY been a rollercoaster. I'm just awaiting a death close to me to occur next. :big sigh:

·
Registered
22 Posts
That really sucks bro.

But it is great running into you, seriously been awhile bro.

I am just getting into Riding. Took my course and taking it slow.

I will tell Dimmer/prophecy I ran into you here.

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
I'm sorry bro, that really sucks. I hope the thief falls off the bitch and kills himself.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
oh geesh, Im so sorry. That really stinks. Hope they get caught. Then you can beat the hell outta of um... just for good measure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fuck man, sorry to hear about it. hopefully you'll get her back in good shape or insurance takes care of ya.

What type of guard dog do ya got? Pretty sleepy one from the sounds of it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is it possible the thieves knew you? If the dog didn't bark and raise hell, maybe the dog knew the person who took it? Sucks to suggest, but....

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
If/when you catch them, do the Blade thing, hold their faces up to a spinning rear tire until they cry for mommy. I hate people who are so jealous of someone else's pride and joy that they feel they have to take it away. :boid

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jester27 said:
Is it possible the thieves knew you? If the dog didn't bark and raise hell, maybe the dog knew the person who took it? Sucks to suggest, but....
It's a possibility and it has crossed my mind. There are only two people I call friends that I have brought to my house as I have never trusted anyone enough to bring anyone to my home. Only one of them has the balls and manpower to do something like this. But he's not so good with directions. But...ya never know. I'm off to file a police report now.

Also, I guess I'll get the ID numbers out there just in case they're dumb enough to sell them on eBay or anywhere else online.

VIN - JS1GT75A842105356
Engine No - 131779
ID Number (Not really sure what this is) - 219868948

Also, I haven't let any of the riders I normally ride with know that my baby was stolen. As right now, I don't really trust anybody at the moment. A lot of them knew I was having problems with my bike, some stayed with me until I got her running the other night. Who knows, maybe some of them were a part of it. Ugh, this sucks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did you have insurance?

·
Registered
260 Posts
man that sucks I remember just reading about you havin ur bike break down in the middle of the road and shit. I'm real sorry, hope they find that bad boy. U have theft insurance?

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Jester27 said:
I thought the same thing. If your dog didn't bark then some one knew him, especially someone messing with an item the dog expects to be there.
If you have a suspect tell the cops.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
tell the cops that u know who u think it might be.. so the cop can do a look out on that specific person.. they must gave ur dog some meat loaf or bacon or something if ur dog didnt bark to wake ur dad up.. Also that theif who stole ur bike might be one of ur "friend" sure isn't ur "friend".. sorry that ur bike got stolen.. "ALL THEIVES SHOULD DIE" :asshole

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sorry about your lost, but just like I tell people that have crashed, Learn Something From Your Mistake.

IMO, leaving a late model sportbike out in the open is asking for it!! Just today, I was going to and outing, and my car is in the shop. They told me ride one of my bikes over. I told my friend to come pick me up, and I responded that I can't leave my bike in your driveway. They laughed at me. I don't park in parking lots, or leave my bike where I can't eyeball it. At home they are in the garage. If I didn't have a garage I would get a storage bin..

Not saying the thievies won't get me, I am just not going to make it easy for them.

Luck with your next 1000, and I hope you learned the lesson on leaving it in your driveway..

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

·
Registered
457 Posts
cehowardrx7 said:
Sorry about your lost, but just like I tell people that have crashed, Learn Something From Your Mistake.

IMO, leaving a late model sportbike out in the open is asking for it!! Just today, I was going to and outing, and my car is in the shop. They told me ride one of my bikes over. I told my friend to come pick me up, and I responded that I can't leave my bike in your driveway. They laughed at me. I don't park in parking lots, or leave my bike where I can't eyeball it. At home they are in the garage. If I didn't have a garage I would get a storage bin..

Not saying the thievies won't get me, I am just not going to make it easy for them.

Luck with your next 1000, and I hope you learned the lesson on leaving it in your driveway..

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

thats why i asked him how it happend, because i am paranoid like that too. I live in an Apt and i park my bike at my aunt's house who has a garage. My friends want to take a trip to Atlantic City but i am paranoid. I tell them if i am not on my bike i am not leaving it late night anywhere.

If i have to leave my bike for more than 10 mins i put my disc lock on.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts