Sport Bikes banner

Bike Parties/Events

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  GSXRAssassin 
#1 ·
Looking for an event to replace Myrtle Beach Bike Week since the Mayor shut it down. Who makes roadtrips every year and where do you go?

GSXR

#2 ·
I've gone to Americade for a couple of years now. Gorgeous area for riding a sportbike, though the event itself is much more geared towards the cruiser crowd. The number of trikes this year was apalling.

Welcome to Americade

I would also like some recommendations for other meets worth checking out (in the Northern states preferably, since I'm from Canadialand)

#4 · (Edited)
At the event, 99% cruisers. On the roads around Lake George? Still more cruisers than sportbikes definitely, but you see a good number. The location is fantastic - the 9N is a gorgeous stretch of road. And it's a quick hop skip and jump to both Vermont or New Hampshire from there too, the Kanc, and all kinds of good roads/gap roads.

Last year we stayed in Tichonderoga, this year we were at Saratoga Springs. Nice places, and made for an enjoyable ride in to the actual expo

#10 ·
A lot of chicks around here like going up to Americade, definitely not just cruiser women.
Definitely some good riding roads too though, you wont be alone if you go on a sportbike, but I don't know if i'd travel more than a few hundred miles to come to it if you're on a sport. Pretty sure most your sportbikes around there will be people like me who live nearby.
Hit me up - anybody - next time it comes around, I'll be there.

#13 ·
2009 was the first year that the shutdown went into effect. We went down and it was so horrible that the business owners were calling for the resignation of the mayor and his entire staff. They wouldn't even serve the man food in his own town.

Myrtle Beach Bike Week and Black Bike Weekend were both impacted tremendously. If you were on a motorcycle and entered the city of Myrtle Beach you WOULD be stopped and taken through a battery of questions and an onsite inspection of your vehicle - RIGHT THERE!! Anything out of order was met with a citation.

The Harley riders coined the phrase "Myrtle Beach...Not a Dime in '09". They went to every city and town around Myrtle but wouldn't spend a cent in the city itself. It was a mess!!

GSXR

#17 ·
They may have been able to pull off the Fall Rally because the restrictions were against the May rallies. I know that several people are unhappy with the Mayor and gunning for his seat down there. Apparently ending the Spring rallies wasn't the only goofy idea he had.

#18 ·
Okay, so I go online and find all kinds of events but they're all serious HARLEY events. When you bring up pics of Sturgis or Daytona you can usually pick out a sportbike or two - not in these photos! All Harleys. I guess I have to try a few of 'em out and see what happens.

GSXR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.