Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been inactive from this forum for quite a while, I've been tied up lately trying to find a bike that suits me.
Recently I had a 2008 Gsxr 600 that didn't feel like a bike, it was rigid and had no personality
I also had a 98 Ducati a few months back, to expensive to maintain and the damn thing had an issue every weekend. Loved it, hated the upkeep
Lastly I had a Thundercat 600 that was mostly for my fiancé, and didn't like how it handled for whatever reason; just didn't feel right.
SO we packed up our shit and moved to Charlotte NC from Rochester NY a few weeks ago.
Today we went form dealership to dealership and turned up empty. Over lunch I surfed Craigslist for a possible deal and what do ya know!? A sweet 2007 kawasaki ZZR600 with 7k miles!!
Want to know the best part? His wife pressured him to sell because of the new baby, meaning I can get it in the cheap!
How cheap?
$2700 cheap. Brand new Mich powers, $900 worth of servicing a couple weeks ago including carbs and seals.

Got it home today and love this damn thing. It does what I want, it turns how I want it to and is quite comfy. I've never been a big fan of the lip in the front but I'm sure ill get over it somehow :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
mine was cheaper.

:p

jokes jokes, looks good man!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
WTF?!?!?! If I was the one looking at that bike it would have $5000 and it wouldn't have looked half that good!

Ok, enough whining! Badass, Bud! Glad you love it! Christ it looks like it just came of the showroom floor! Can't wait to hear some ride reports on it!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Beautiful bike and a great deal to boot, you did good man! Ride the shit outta her!

·
Registered
169 Posts
i had an 05 with 24k miles...sold it for $2750 cause my wife said i do not need three bikes...but i was not riding it much but i miss it anyway...

if i had just one bike it will be the zzr because it was a sports touring bike and so practical...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Loved my 2005 for 20K miles all over the state of California. It's a damn good sport bike that actually is comfortable enough and has a good tank range.

Enjoy and enjoy often.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yesterday I tried something called Plasti dip. It wasn't my choice, because a part of the agreement on our next bike can NOT under any circumstances be red.
The last 3 bikes my fiancé had were red, and she was sick of it.
The dip came out amazing! Pics will be up tonight.
The best part is i can peel it off when I'm sick of it!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Plasti dip. The fender WAS my fiancés project but she never got to it

I thought it would fill the little ding in the tank but it didn't

Hopefully she will see the Gap soon since I now only live a few hours away in Charlotte

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice ZZR! I look forward to hearing your opinion of the Plasti-Dip after a while. I am thinking about doing it to my Buell. The flat black paint has some chipping and I want to try out white, I love white bikes. How does it hold up to scratches? I've heard that is a concern with vinyl wrap, not sure if plasti-dip would have similar concerns?

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
dude...why the hell would you do that. ..

it looks ok, sure.
but it looks nothing like the OEM colour did....plastidip is what you do to a rashed bike to cover your shame. ya don't do it to something that looked that good. . .

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
dude...why the hell would you do that. ..

it looks ok, sure.
but it looks nothing like the OEM colour did....plastidip is what you do to a rashed bike to cover your shame. ya don't do it to something that looked that good. . .
Has some rash on the other side of the bike. Nothing major but we saw the dip while at Home Depot and said why not.
It peels right off if we don't like it :)

Edit: here is the pic of the damage. Not to bad but enough to where it bothered us to look at on a daily basis. I don't want people thinking I'm dropping bikes left and right :p. There's also a scratch/bump on the other side from a garage tip over.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great bike, I have an 08 and drive it daily. Nothing wrong with the plasti-dip, we did some accents using plasti-dip on my wife's ninja 650. After about 8 months it chipped a little and we peeled it off leaving good as new paint under neath.

They also offer options to do a gloss so it doesn't have the spray paint look to it.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Nice bike! Everyone I know that has owned/owns one loves theirs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts