Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious who out there has a name for their bike?

I call mine R2. The sound the fuel injection makes when I turn the key on always makes me think of Star Wars.

"R2...Fire up the converters."

And it kinda fits with the Yammie naming scheme. R1, R6 and now MYR2!!

·
On 2 wheels...
209 Posts
R2 is a cool name... I love Star Wars...

I've only had mine for a week as of today, so I haven't named it yet. I probably will though. Maybe "Sybil" or something. This bike definitely seems to have 2 totally different personalities depending on how much you twist your wrist...

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
I've had my bike for over a year and she still hasn't told me her name. All I know is that it's female.

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
04Fizzer said:
I've had my bike for over a year and she still hasn't told me her name. All I know is that it's female.
As sexy as the bike is, I wanted it to be a girl. But that sound gets me everytime. Now I get all the other R2D2 sounds in my head while I'm riding.

Nice twisty road = The happy R2 sound
Less than smooth shift = The questioning R2 sound

I just hope I never hear the sound he makes when he gets shot! That would be me sliding on the road. "Whooooooooooooooooooa!!!"

Damn I wish I had the sound clips to post to go with this.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
04Fizzer said:

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Thought a name would become fitting over time, but it hasn't.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I call mine 'my bike'.

Like "I'm going to take the bike to work today" or "Hey kid! Get the F off my bike!"

Descriptive and to the point. Plus each time I get a new bike I don't have to remember a new name.

:)

·
Speedbump
226 Posts
derf said:
I call mine 'my bike'.

Like "I'm going to take the bike to work today" or "Hey kid! Get the F off my bike!"

Descriptive and to the point. Plus each time I get a new bike I don't have to remember a new name.

:)
:eek:nfloor

Yeah, me too - I never could get into naming inanimate objects.

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
bike names

I'll start off by admitting it may be juvenile to name vehicles. (but that's never stopped me before)
The 2005 FZ is named: Blue Rajah. I heard that on a movie and thought it was a good name for her. I've since been told that the Blue Rajah in the movie didn't wear blue and was male. The name stays.

My trusty, bulletproof 2004 DR 650 is simply called "The Thumper"

I had some friends try to name my 95 Nissan 4 cylinder truck. I refuse to call it anything other than "the slow truck" Always starts and runs, just plan on long travel times and super-scary highway on-ramp merges.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Good question. I never really thought about it. I seem to refer to anything mechanical I'm using as "old girl". I guess a name would be appropriate. I'll have to give it some thought and report back.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I thought only girls named their vehicles. :) Just kidding ... I think.

My son named my first bike, a Vulcan 500. He called it Bill, for some reason. He has not yet named my FZ6.

·
Registered
49 Posts
"La Otra"...Spanish reference to a Mistress. :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
:lol @ La Otra.

Mine has lots of names. Officially, Stella J., but unofficially she's the baby, gf, s3x machine, escape plan, and big toy. I've been considering a vanity plate, but I can't decide.

·
Registered
336 Posts
my ninja is called Nancy
my old zx-6 was Nina
my wrx is Silvia
and my fz6 is Fay

·
Registered
850 Posts
Lil' Cooter.... nasty, but hey - it's the little putter compared to all my buddies bikes.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts