Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats considered high kilometer's for a bike?

I am lookin at a ex500, that has 32 000KM...which is about 18 000miles...

is that too high? I know cars usually 200 000km is considered high, not sure how it works with bikes

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cooksey said:
What year is it, and how much is the seller asking for it?
93, 32000km

asking 2900$ safetied...but in CDN funds

so thats about 2000$US

but I am more curious as to what is considered high mileage on a bike then anything else :eek:

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
I should easily hit 10,000 miles this year with my bike. I've seen a 4 year old Busa with 50,000 miles on the clock. If a bike is properly maintained, there really isn't a set limit to how many miles is too many. If you can be sure the seller did a good job changing fluids, keeping everything lubed, and didn't abuse it (too much), it should be a pretty solid bike with plenty of miles of life left in it.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
But that is if the bike was mantained properly. A neglected bike can be in worse condition with less than 10,000 miles than a properly mantained bike with 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The bike will be fine for many more miles to come. I sold my '84 Ninja GPZ 900R with over 56,000 miles on it and it ran as good as my friends new bikes. The engine was still smooth, idled well, still made great power.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
JasonTLR had a post with a guy whose bike had 750,000 miles, so all should go well with the proper care.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Leb_CRX said:
whats considered high kilometer's for a bike?

I am lookin at a ex500, that has 32 000KM...which is about 18 000miles...

is that too high? I know cars usually 200 000km is considered high, not sure how it works with bikes
hay guy :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
you do want to stay away from stunted bikes and raced bikes those motors arent in tip top shape. alot have hit teh rev limitier quite alot and will wreaken valve springs

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quik said:
you do want to stay away from stunted bikes and raced bikes those motors arent in tip top shape. alot have hit teh rev limitier quite alot and will wreaken valve springs
the only issue with that, is if I buy a bike from autotrader, I can't tell if it's been raced or not, which is a problem in itself...but based on the person who's selling it, should say enough to tell me how he'd drive it by askin some smart questions ;)

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Heck, my 96' 600F3 has 30,000 miles on it, and she still runs like a dream. Picked her up with only 3000 miles @ $3,100.00 and that was only 3 yrs ago. If you take care of your bike, she can push 1000's of miles or Kilometers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts