Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 749 in a storage unit because I live in a condo and don't have a garage. Thinking it would be safe :rolleyes . Tuesday morning at about 0200 two guys broke in and stoled it from Gude Self Storage on East Gude Drive in Rockville.

It was a 2004 Ducati 749 with a custom Remus dual undertail exhaust, carbon fiber from fender and rear tail section. It was flat black. Any information please PM me. If you see this bike please contact me by sending me a PM and tell me where you saw it. Also be on the lookout for anyone selling Duc parts.

The funny thing is these ass clowns probably have no idea that they will never be able to ride it. It requires the computer programmed key that came with the bike to start it. They will never get it started. So at least I have that satisfaction. I have full coverage so the bike is taken care of if it isnt recovered.

Please keep your eyes peeled ladies and gents.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah there are cameras but, a camera isnt going to stop a thief.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sorry to hear about it Duc. Hope they catch those guys soon. I know a guy in town here who has one, love that bike. Good luck with the search.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
23 other units were broken into also. I think they were fishing and hit the jackpot.

·
Registered
475 Posts
damn dude that sux. i know 2 people that happened 2 last year. good luck on the search

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
ive got so much shit to keep my bike where i put it. ive got a 2" chain with padlock on it for a post, ive got a disk lock, and ive got a cheetah alarm. i know if a theif is determined enough, they can get anything. sorry to hear about the duc. if i see it, ill PM you and we can kill those bike-stealing bastards

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Damn!! Sorry to hear about that man. I park mine next to the cruiser with a sign " if you are found here tonight, then you will still be found here in the morning"

·
Registered
122 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Damn!! Sorry to hear about that man. I park mine next to the cruiser with a sign " if you are found here tonight, then you will still be found here in the morning"

I like that sign!

To the threadstarter- Have you been given news of the whereabouts of your bike. How soon will insurance kick in for a new bike?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Insurance totaled it two weeks after the date it was stolen. I recieved my money direct deposit the next day. USAA is good to go. They actually gave me more than what I thought I was going to get. I still lost a good amount of money on the whole thing, not to mention the shit I had to go through.

But, I am happy with my new Triple. I miss the Duc though. Might get another one next year, when my wife and I move into a house with a garage. I can't stand not having a garage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts