Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all, i have never been this pissed in my life.. this happend today, i was out riding with one of my other friend and we were riding for about 2 hrs. and we now heading home.. i was leading ,cause my friend is a scaridty cat to lead.. so i lead all the way till this last corner till u get to the main road.. well on the last corner i slowed down to 45mph. and took the turn till out of fuckin nowhere these 2 black lab dogs, come running down the fuckin hill and ran out in the streets and right in front of me, so i had three choices to hit.. 1= the dog, 2= the telephone pole, or 3= the ditch to the pond, so i chose 3 , i ditched my bike in the rough seesaw grass ditch and right afterwards was a pond.. so my bike slid in the ditch,then flip in the air once and landed right in the fuckin pond, i slid on the road and got up and saw my bike in the pond while my friend stopped and was in totally shocked and saw what had happend.. he stopped ,got off his bike ran over to me and see if i was ok , i said im fine and ran over to see where my bike has landed, well my bike didnt go all the way in the pond, but half of it went in the pond and the back half was in grass... all of this shit because a FUCKIN dog ran out in the road.,... IM SO PISSED, MY BIKE IS MESSED UP.. I Can';t take a pic right now cause my dad has a camera, so im taking this pics tomorrow.. omg im so pissed ! i try to find the dog and want to kill it so bad, but the dog got scared and ran away after it heard all the crash,scraped,bang sounds.. son of a bitch!

now i dont have alot of money to spend now, cause i spent all my money on this bike.. now my bike is in total damage and its gonna be a frickin long time till i get to ride again! :eek: :eek: :angry :angry

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Um.... if i remember correctly in my MSF class they always told me to ride straight at the dog (if that is your path) a hit dead on is usually ten times better than other options. I may be mistaken though. Sorry about your bike man. Goodluck on the repairs.

·
Registered
954 Posts
It's ok, you can still ride, get a little drill bit and some zip-ties, it works, trust me. as long as you didn't break any engine part / headlight you're fine. And yeah a dog ran out in front of you, but it could have been gravel on the road, or leafs, or anything, it doesn't really make a difference what it was.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would have hitten the dog, but these (2) dogs were frickin big.. if i nailed the dog, i woulda flipped over and prolly broken some bones..

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
see if you can find the owners of the dog, they should be held lia. for the damages.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
u serious, then im going back where i was cause the dog came down from the house at the top of the hill... now its fucking payback time.. BIAAAAAAATCH!

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
well, you'll prolly have to file a police report and do a little foot work to find where those dog's live. they legally shouldn't be running around w/o leashes. and if they "escaped" it's still the owner responsiblity. now if they're stray.........your fuked

·
Registered
308 Posts
That sucks you crashed your bike, good thing you're ok. I don't want to sound like a dick but generally I find if you have the time to choose between A, B, or C, in a situation like that, you easily could have stopped or slowed down and swerved around them. But then again I wasn't there so I can't say for sure how I or anyone else could react to something like that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i dont have alot of money to spend now, cause i spent all my money on this bike.. now my bike is in total damage and its gonna be a frickin long time till i get to ride again!
I hear ya, my bike's on the rocks too. Quit working on me in less than a year after I bought it. the mechanic told me it's gonna cost more to fix than I paid for the damn bike. :mad: It's gonna be a long time before I get back on two wheels with school taking up my money and all... :a2 Hope you get back on the road soon.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
then im thinking im fucked, cause these dogs look like they were strayed.. no collars and wondering around.. but if i can convince if that dog came from that house at the top of the hill, then im in good shape.. cause i am going back to the house with a police officer with me.. and well get this shit straightened out..

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pillaka said:
That sucks you crashed your bike, good thing you're ok. I don't want to sound like a dick but generally I find if you have the time to choose between A, B, or C, in a situation like that, you easily could have stopped or slowed down and swerved around them. But then again I wasn't there so I can't say for sure how I or anyone else could react to something like that.
well if u were there, u would have done the same thing i did , gone in the ditch.. cause this corner was sharp turn, it wasnt wide, i couldnt stopped or else i woulda slid on the road a good long way..and prolly hit the phone pole..

so the safest thing for me to do was go in the ditch..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Coloradoon22 said:
i try to find the dog and want to kill it so bad, but the dog got scared and ran away after it heard all the crash,scraped,bang sounds.. son of a bitch!
Yes, good idea... kill the dog - it knew exactly what it was doing.

Moron.

·
Registered
128 Posts
glad u were not hurt....bike can probably be repaired.....look on ebay or on here for a post i saw posting about some guy selling really cheap sportbike body work.....i just hope its not stolen parts....

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sucks to hear that you went down, hope you are able to find the dog's owners and get some kind of compensation for the situation.

·
Registered
152 Posts
you have to remember the old rule in insurance claims for determining liability. You should be travelling at such a speed that in the event of an incident, you should be able to stop or dodge the object in time. sad but true, that's how most liability claims are settled. don't try to tell me otherwise either, I work in insurance. My 2 best buds work in Auto claims & they deal w/this crap everyday. you'll never be able to justify in a court of law that you were going at a safe speed. even if you were going a safe speed, how could you prove it? most courts are biased against us to begin with.

·
Registered
454 Posts
well, if your bike bounced through tall grass into a pond, it probably is in decent shape. it would have been a LOT worse and a LOT less rideable if it had hit a tree or a guardrail. Sorry it happened though, I have had some close calls with dogs as well.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Darn tough break. Still it is only human-instinct that a human does not want to hit any form of an animal, bird, you name it. I have gone down many a time because of a dog or a cat.

We have a lot of Quail around my area & a neighbor in trying not to hit a group of quail walking across the road, ended up ploughing his cage into a rock wall.

Can only hope you have insurance. In my case I only have Liability so it would be money out of my pocket.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i took the front off, the upper fairing on the left side is bent, do u think i could bent it back or do i have to buy a new one?

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
you can bend it, but alot of the other fairings line up off the upper. and if thats off, the other will be off worse......

or you can do what i do, and ride w/ 1 bolt missing, cuz it didn't line up.......:lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts