Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody please help me. I know my kick stand is weak the guy I bought it from told me it would die sometimes because it the spring is weak or something and the kickstand would come down just enough to trip the sensor. I had a mechanic tell me the same thing when installing a 520 kit. But the weird thing is the only time it dies is when I'm really getting on it in 2nd gear and let off and pull the clutch in sometimes it just shuts off and I have to start it again real quick. Anything else that might cause this or is it just from vibrating the kickstand? Like I said it only happens in 2nd and only a few times not every time. Also if I'm getting on it hard in 1st and go to shift real quick to 2nd it vibrates my foot hard and grinds and only goes to neutral not sure if its my technique or something mechanical that might be related. By the way it's an 07 gsxr if that matters thanks for the help.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
First- if you know there is a problem with the kickstand, fix that before you start looking other places.

I don't know if that's your problem, but even before I read what you wrote, from the title I was like "i bet it's a kickstand thing".

So yeah- fix the kickstand and see what that does.

As for the grinding, check your clutch cable adjustment. Are you pulling in the clutch while shifting, or shifting without the clutch?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First- if you know there is a problem with the kickstand, fix that before you start looking other places.

I don't know if that's your problem, but even before I read what you wrote, from the title I was like "i bet it's a kickstand thing".

So yeah- fix the kickstand and see what that does.

As for the grinding, check your clutch cable adjustment. Are you pulling in the clutch while shifting, or shifting without the clutch?
I always use the clutch I'm too scared to not use it even though I know a lot of people prefer not to I don't want to mess anything up.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Bypass as you like , all ya gotta do is remember to put your stand up yourself .. Like we used to before they built bikes with idiots in mind .

"Getting on it hard in first " fnaarr fnarr .. and then shifting to second is the change that benifits most from learning to clutchless shift . When really winding it on throught the gears clutchless is the best way to shift .. but ya gotta know how to do it . Plenty info on the net if you look .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bypass as you like , all ya gotta do is remember to put your stand up yourself .. Like we used to before they built bikes with idiots in mind .

"Getting on it hard in first " fnaarr fnarr .. and then shifting to second is the change that benifits most from learning to clutchless shift . When really winding it on throught the gears clutchless is the best way to shift .. but ya gotta know how to do it . Plenty info on the net if you look .
So would you recommend bypassing it? And do you guys recommend clutch less shifting all the time or is it bad on the clutch and tranny?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I have clutchless shifted every bike I have ever had for their entire lives and never blown a gearbox or clutch yet .
Even if you bypass your switch you will still want to fit a new spring as if it fails worse while your riding along and then lean into a bend ... your gonna know about crashing .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have clutchless shifted every bike I have ever had for their entire lives and never blown a gearbox or clutch yet .
Even if you bypass your switch you will still want to fit a new spring as if it fails worse while your riding along and then lean into a bend ... your gonna know about crashing .
You know I didn't even think about the part of the stand coming down on me I was just concerned about keeping it running that could have been bad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts