Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 cbr1000rr, and after the bike warms up it starts cutting out at 6000rpm's. the longer you ride the worse it gets. it will get as bad as cutting off at 4000rpms and sometimes stauls! any suggestions would be great because i have had no luck getting it fixed at the dealer.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Those sound like classic symptoms of a clogged tank vent. Next time it happens, open the gas cap and listen for air rushing in. Vacuum builds up in the tank with a clogged vent and eventually won't let fuel flow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the bike does not throw any codes which has made it difficult to find the problem! As for opening the gas cap, it only cuts out when riding not when setting idol. So do I open the gas cap and ride that way to see if it stops the problem?? I was also told to relocate the brain away from from the pipe!! Any thoiughts on that??

·
Registered
196 Posts
On a bike that new it's probably a pinched hose, but it could be an oil overfill. If the bike were older I'd say electrical problem, but that would throw some codes out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok checked the line under the tank and no pinch or kinks. i was told to relocate the brain and that it could be the brain gettin to heated in current location. any thoughts???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts