Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone want to do a mini bike/riding clinic? I get lots of requests for help with suspension and or riding tips I thought everyone might want to do it together. That way we would not jack up a good Friday and it would be easer to do it in one groop instead of one by one.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
im all for gaining suspension info :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
smokenjoe said:
Does anyone want to do a mini bike/riding clinic? I get lots of requests for help with suspension and or riding tips I thought everyone might want to do it together. That way we would not jack up a good Friday and it would be easer to do it in one groop instead of one by one.
If you can teach me how to make an R1 suspension handle 275 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal, I'm in like Flynn!

I'm off on Fridays, and am very interested in setting my bike up a little better. As it stands, I've just cranked everything up to it's tightest setting and ridden the wheels off of it.

Stubbie

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
Stubbie said:
If you can teach me how to make an R1 suspension handle 275 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal, I'm in like Flynn!

I'm off on Fridays, and am very interested in setting my bike up a little better. As it stands, I've just cranked everything up to it's tightest setting and ridden the wheels off of it.

Stubbie

bwahahahaha lol :dblthumb

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
so when would you all be interested?

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
whenever im off :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yeah that would be cool. BTW I finally got my days off switched to Friday and Sats so hopefully I can start making it out more now.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
What about a Teaching Eric How To Wheelie Clinic?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys tell me when you want to do it. I am free most weekends. I think I work next friday so that is out. If we go into depth on suspension that could take up a whole night and not cover everything.

Stubbie have you considered putting in stiffer fork springs? That would solve many of your problems though you probibily should also put race teck in too wile you are at it. The R1 rebound circut is a little weak stock even for lighter weaght person and a stiffer spring could help out a lot. Good winter project though it doesnt take all that much time if you have the right tools. The shock could use a stiffer spring too but that is serious work it is easer to get an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
531 Posts
wouldnt mind getting some info on that. Im off every weekend.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
once again you guys wait until i'm gone to start stuff that i'd be interested in..... :hshot

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well my weekends are all jacked up as I change work shifts. I work all this weekend and only have Sat off next weekend after that it will be friday and saturdays off every weekend.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Where will this take place?

·
Tallahassee Powersports
1,084 Posts
Stubbie said:

Stubbie
Once you decide to change your spings... Pm JMalkames, he's on here, and has done a lot of forks (certified mechanic), Im sure he can hook you up, and save you some $$$, and a nice guy to boot... Z said you where fly'n with him at Hallet, so anything to kick his arse next time!! Get er done...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
XRacerX said:
Z said you where fly'n with him at Hallet, so anything to kick his arse next time!! Get er done...
Suspension work won't help him, but a miracle might. :lol

J/K stubs.

Joe, any more info on this? :headbang

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
let me check the schedule with the weekends we are off, we'll post up and let you guys decide from there....sound good?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All right how is this Friday..... Sat is also an option but the weather might not be good. I wanted to do it last sat but some people wanted to drink.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts