Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i dont ride yet im still saving my pennies to get my gixxer 750 , i ride a lot of my friends' bikes a lot of the time but thats beside the point right now , i say you dont need any "music" when ur riding a sportbike , and that th sound of the bike is all u need my buddy on the other hand is like take a cd player with u , im like "WTF???" so am i the only one that likes riding jsut to ride or do u guys need to hear music when u ride.
btw im talkin about riding through the city and the eventual 30-45 min freeway ride to school (i commute).

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I've never really thought I needed it, but sometimes on the way to work (30 minutes of highway), or longer trips I think it'd be nice.

I picked up a nice little mp3 player, so we'll see how it works this week.

Other than trips and some times while going to work, i won't use it.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
V-Twin sound and clutch rattle is all the music I need even on country to country rides :D

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
If any of you ever finds yourself on Highway 1 (I think) which runs N/S along the west side of Mississippi, you might change your mind. I ran WFO (read 90+ mph and was getting lapped by the locals) on the Road King for at least 45 minutes to an hour, only letting off the throttle to pass thru the little toilets MS calls towns. I don't think I navigated even one curve that whole time -

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
unless i'm on a really short ride or riding like i'm at the track i don't use my MP# player - otherwise i have my MP3 going for background music - you can feel the bike as well as hear it........ :cool:

·
Cheshire Cat
1,028 Posts
I listen to my mp3 player on commutes or cruises. If I'm hitting the twisties, I need all the attention I can get devoted to the road.

·
Registered
377 Posts
When you know your going to be stuck in traffic for half an hour its nice to have. But I find that the noise is to loud above 50+ mph. Plus its irritating to have it to loud when you come to a stop but not loud enough to hear while riding.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Koss earplugs are nice for less than $20 and reduce windnoise and you can hear your music. Only above 120 or so does it not produce a good sound.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
i like to listen to music if im going out to make some willies or if i have a highway trip. twisties i just listen to that sweet devil pipe.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I dont agree. I have my minidisc for longer rides. Short rides dont matter, but the engine actually gets to me after a while when the RPMS arent changing much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts