Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working at my current job for 7 yrs.

I finally got my own parking stall ( which is a big deal with high parking rates and thieves) and began parking my bike there.

Word must have gotten out that I should instead be parking at the motorcycle/bike rack.

So today I find out my stall has been given to someone else!

I freaked out and spoke to my boss heart to heart and the boss said I could keep my stall.

Not only do I park my bike there but I use my wife's car sometimes.

·
SBN Rookie ;-)
686 Posts
Good work standing up for youself. Its bullshit when people do stuff without discussing it with you, thats what pisses me off the most anyway. If you earn the perks by being there so long, who cares what you park there. :beer

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Could be worse. We have a huge loading type dock entrance where I work. It's great because it can accomodate a few bikes there, and I park mine there. I guess some jealous staff and faculty reported us to campus police and now there's this new effort to put all bikes in spots. There's a fire-lane nearby and I guess a few guys (I did once) parked there near the dock and that was prob. the issue at hand.

Stupid cagers even when they're not caged.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
what difference does it make if its a bike or a car...YOU EARNED the perks right?? then whats the fucking problem?? Good man for standing up for your rights. I would have been PISSED if that happened to me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hmmm trying to take away and earned perk, when he should be congradulating you for doing your part to conserve gas and lower emissions? Hah, glad you worked it out.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I've worked with idiots, grown fucking idiots who act like lil 6yr old tattle tells. I worked at a spot where everyone is suppposed to park on side "A" which is a mile from the store. I hooked my car up lookn nice n what not, so i start parking on the highly trafficed area. Just in case soemone was to think about thiefing, he'd have more chances of getting caught.

Well some stupid 'by the book', probably just jealous cause she wanted to park there, goes and complains. So then i start parking in spot "B", a mile from the store just like spot "A" but my car is completely by itself. I had my reasons. Some other broad complains.

Basically i learned that these 30+ year olds act like little god damn babies as they get older.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I agree with this --> Hmmm trying to take away and earned perk, when he should be congradulating you for doing your part to conserve gas and lower emissions? Hah, glad you worked it out.

You are always relieving traffic congestion by riding a motorcycle. You park a "vehicle" - why does it matter if what it is is a motorcycle?

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Why does it seem like we always have an uphill battle on two wheels?

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
wow that's retarded. If you earned it, they shouldn't be able to say shit even if you put a box there and eat there during lunch.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
YammyR1 said:
Why does it seem like we always have an uphill battle on two wheels?

Because people on bikes have ALWAYS been the bad guys since the very beginning. :rolleyes Apparently, we still are.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the support people I appreciate it.

And I'm sorry you guys also have to put up with this too. Yes there are haters!

I still feel betrayed though...because I was promised a parking spot as part of my agreement to stay with the company. How soon people forget.

Also, yes we have a lot of haters and backstabbers. Everyone's always watching everyone. Measuring each other. It sucks sometimes.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Some people pffft. When will they realise making it harder on motorcyclists isnt going to diffuse their jealousy for you and your bike:(

Like there is some fake reason for them to be unable to get a bike, so they take it out on ya :upyours

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
quit

·
Registered
62 Posts
My boss at work used to park his bike up on the dock in the warehouse and one day the big boss saw it and said he couldnt' park there and he asked for a safe place to park it and they put a 20' storage container on the ground for him to park his bike (personal garage) out in the yard

:fiddy

·
SBN Rookie ;-)
686 Posts
^ Oh hell yeah, thats what i want.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I rode my bike to work for the first time last Monday. Our parking lot was changed around about 8 months ago, to keep cars away from the building. There are about a dozen spots closer to the building than the rest, which are about 3 times farther. The earlier you show up for work, the better the odds you'll get a spot closer to the building.

Well, I was showing (off) my bike to a LCDR (O-4), who really is a pretty cool guy. He complimented the bike, and then said "It really shouldn't take up a whole space". So then he says to me "Why don't you park it alongside the Command Master Chief's motorcycle". The Command Master Chief (E-9) has his own reserved spot, next to the Commanding Officer and Executive Officer. He rides a big Yamaha cruiser. So I said "I wouldn't really care, Sir. Why don't ya go ask him?"

I really wasn't trying to set the LCDR up, but it sure must have looked that way. The Command Master Chief got right in his face and told the LCDR that no one is going to park in HIS reserved spot, that HE is number 3 at the command and HE has more salt on his pecker than the LCDR has in his whole seabag, etc. etc. So, that pretty much settled that.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Good job sticking up for yourself. Just because your bike gets way better gas milage and takes up less than half the space of a car doesn't mean you should lose your spot.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
boldblood that is funny lol

man if I was aggressive like that guy no one would even think of fugging with me.

I'm too nice.

·
Are we not men?
9,011 Posts
You pay vehicle registration on your bike, this allows you to park it anywhere any other car or truck (or minivan!) parks. Just remind people of this fact when the need arises. I've pointed this out when people have tried to pull some crap on me, and it changes their whole perspective.

Where I work, parking is rather tight, and the company is too damn tight to add more parking area. My boss actually found an area where I could park my bike just to free up a space. And, if it looks like it's going to storm bad, they'll let me pull it into the warehouse area as long as I leave the forks unlocked - in case they need to move it to get to something.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts