Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I just got in and had to post this. Four of us from the NC Forum rode out from Raleigh today to hit the Blue Ridge Pkwy and surrounding roads.
As we were riding through Greensboro some young guy on an F4 pulled up with us and I noticed he had a For Sale sign on his windshield. I signal him how much?? and he tells us to pull over on the shoulder. We look the bike over and talk and he says he'll ride a bit with us. As we are going up the off ramp he pulls a Wheelie. No biggie we thought.
However the kid was wearing cut offs, sneakers, a Tshirt and a busted up helmet, missing the faceshield. Hmmm you say?
Well we get back on I40 and the kid pops another wheelie. No biggie.
Then the kid whips between two cars in the right lane, jumps off his bike and starts 'Sketching', :2eek Then he gets back on and whips across three lanes and proceeds to sit on his tank trying to pull another wheelie, :2eek Then he jumps off and proceeds sketching some more.:2eek I may have the order wrong because it was the most un-fuckin-believable sight I think any of us has ever seen.
The kid must have weighed 100 lbs if that and had no cushion if he hit the street.
He finally peeled off and as he left we all made the crazy circle motion at the same time.

I am still in shock at what we had witnessed. Sketching on I40 and that road is a monster.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
maybe it's a good thing he's selling the bike

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
beowulf2k said:
Well seems like he pulled it off flawlessly. Whats the problem?
Problem is, he pulled directly in front of a car to do his "stunt" just for his audience. Our lane was completely empty in front of us, yet he has to scare the hell out of/piss of a cager to perform. That in turn, makes the other 4 of us look like dicks that a angry cager can potentially take his anger out on.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do like seeing stunts. But he had plenty of open road to do it on but he squeezes between two cars and jumps off the bike. Elderly couple bout had a heart attack. Slammed on their brakes. Dude didn't have any legal papers like a license or insurance.
You had to have seen it to understand completely. It was like he needed an audience and he was gonna force people to see him.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Sketching? Forgive me, but I am not "in touch" with the stunters lingo, what is that?

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oober said:
Sketching? Forgive me, but I am not "in touch" with the stunters lingo, what is that?
Sketching is where you leap off the bike and stand alongside it while riding down the highway , feet sliding down the pavement...he did an excellent job of it but it was just the wrong place.
And he's selling the bike because he got a ticket for like 150 in a 45 or 35 or something absurd like that. It was on a salvage title. He seemed cool and all but I'm telling you he was crazy, it takes one to know one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
oober said:

Lol funny story, kinda Ironic for me. I took a road trip to New Orleans from Ft. Lauderdale Florida. I stayed the night at Duke Univerisity, and the next morning me and my friends headed west on I-40 to Boone to go snowboarding. Nobody was on the road exept for me and me friends in the car.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
that looks like a lot of fun..... till your toe catches and you land on your face... thanks for clairifying.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
nvm

·
sacrilicious
752 Posts
what the heck kind of shoes are they using? i put my feet down, and whoop, they are behind me, and that's when i'm coming up to a stop sign?

·
Registered
418 Posts
mojo1094 said:
what the heck kind of shoes are they using? i put my feet down, and whoop, they are behind me, and that's when i'm coming up to a stop sign?
A guy I was talking to the other day said he was looking into getting some type of kevlar plate made for the bottom of his shoes. Maybe there is already something like that out there?? Anybody know?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
"Sketching" ranks right up there with "scatting." Stunts belong in the circus or during halftime at a monster truck show, not on interstates. A little power wheelie sure, but what the hell is up with the other stuff? I find it funny that the people who typically despise regulations push people to make them by doing crazy ass shit.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
activematrix said:
Lol funny story, kinda Ironic for me. I took a road trip to New Orleans from Ft. Lauderdale Florida. I stayed the night at Duke Univerisity, and the next morning me and my friends headed west on I-40 to Boone to go snowboarding. Nobody was on the road exept for me and me friends in the car.
Thanks for that pic.
But that guy looks a little forced and uncomfortable in all that gear...

The "Kid" we saw looked like he was casually standing on the street without a care in the World as he did his trick. He really was good at it. And he didn't have any of that cubersome stuff on. He was all spine and ribs...a little skin to keep it all together... :banana

1 - 20 of 85 Posts