Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, simply put what are the biggesst let downs you have seen in sports.

here are a few from me...

The 2004 Chicago cubs not making the play offs after every sports writer in the country had them as the #1 or #2 best team in baseball

The 1985-era Chicago bears team only winning one superbowl

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
Kawasaki race team for not getting off their ass and start dominating the world of SBK.

Astros.............I'm not even gonna start.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The NHL

1994 MLB season. The White Sox were on fire. Black Jack was dealing on the mound, Big Frank knocking the snot out of the ball, and Aug 12 they strike. I didnt watch baseball for almost 3 years because of that damn strike.

·
Registered
521 Posts
kawasaki letting eboz go and not focusing their efforts with him on a factory sponsored zx-10 in ama racing

AMA pandering to honda and changing the daytona 200 to a forula extreme aka bullshit race

AMA putting into place a 2 1000 and 2 600 race class allowing factory teams to pick and choose who they will race against thus not giving fans the best racing against the best :rolleyes

FUCK AMA

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
clearwaterms said:
The 2004 Chicago cubs not making the play offs after every sports writer in the country had them as the #1 or #2 best team in baseball
I had a dream that the 2003 World Series matchup would have been the Cubs and Boston Red Sox. We were so close to seeing something so special that year. I think if that happend, the sins of 1994 would have been forgiven.

Biggest disappointment? Probably the 2004 Yankees. So close to elminating the Sox in a four-game sweep. They might also be a disapointment this year with the way they're going and the size of their payroll.

1994 MLB strike and the 2004-2005 NHL strike are tops on my list though. Whenever the fans get hurt, its the worst. Their contribution to the business often times are forgotten in these labor talks.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
The Atlanta Braves in the playoffs.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
motopsyko32 said:
Mike Tyson
04-05 Miami Heat
Why do you say the HEAT?

Think they did a great job this year with the addition of Shaq.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
ryan leaf.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Cleveland sports in general. The town is cursed. Some specifics.
"The Drive" vs. Denver ('87 I think) Still hate Elway.
"The Fumble" vs Denver ('89 i think)
The Cavaliers everytime they played the Bulls in the playoffs.
The Indians blowing a lead in the last game of the WS in '97
Being a Cleveland fan sucks. Probably why I don't pay attention any more.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
F1 the new rules are killing what was the greatest form of 4 wheeled racing....
Indy is a good example of how bad it's getting....

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
my high school football team state championship...
friggen coach choked and changed the game plan to a conservative "control the ball" game plan instead of sticking with the "wide open" passing game that got us an undefeated season - we lost the championship 14-21, not counting that game we averaged 35 points a game with the defense only giving up 10 points a game - do i sound a little bitter.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts