Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I just starting out and I'm in the process of looking for a bike and wanted to go a head and get a leather jacket but heres the problem I'm fat. OK I know and I've already dropped 47 pounds over the last 6 months and still going I know whatever I buy I'll probably endup being too small for but that's ok. I just need to know where I can find a good quality leather jackect that's comes big enough to acomidate a big guy. By the way I'm currently about a big 3x. Thanks guys and please don't say I shouldn't be riding as big as I am. Bikes Are one of the main reasons I realy started working so hard.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
First, congrats on losing the weight so far. There are a couple of manufacturers that supposedly make larger sizes. Italian? Spidi? Others?

You may end up getting one jacket now and another later. Have you considered custom? If the maker knows going into it that you intend to lose more weight, they can likely plan for it and alter the jacket later. Benefits are your get something that you like that fits now and will fit later plus cost may be less than 2 jackets.

I don't know where you are, but Juan is an excellent taylor who makes great leather suits:
www.zoonileathers.com

·
Registered
304 Posts
Grinch said:
hey I just starting out and I'm in the process of looking for a bike and wanted to go a head and get a leather jacket but heres the problem I'm fat. OK I know and I've already dropped 47 pounds over the last 6 months and still going I know whatever I buy I'll probably endup being too small for but that's ok. I just need to know where I can find a good quality leather jackect that's comes big enough to acomidate a big guy. By the way I'm currently about a big 3x. Thanks guys and please don't say I shouldn't be riding as big as I am. Bikes Are one of the main reasons I realy started working so hard.
I think we'll need some more measurements before we suggest a size or a manufacturer. I'm a 2x in some things, as small as an XL in some, and I wear a 54. What's your chest size? Height?

·
What are you looking at?
64 Posts
Check out the Alpinestars jackets. According to www.newenough.com they are cut a good bit wider at the waist than most convential leather jackets, which makes them more comfortable for guys with big guts. Plus, you can always use the straps on the side to cinch the waist size down when you lose more weight. The guy who runs www.flatoutmotorcycles.com is a member on this board, and has pretty good deals on the A*'s stuff.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
grinch, I wouldn't say you big. You sound like your probably a big boned structured person anyway. And I think if anyone says you shouldn't be riding as "big as you are" you should tell them to f*ck off. I don't believe anyone on this board would say something to that effect (don't go making a liar out of me either guys), but seriously, 48 chest and 51 waist? That really isn't that big. if you were 5'2, yeah, that would be big.
get w/slava, he'll hook you up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
New enough.com has a section for Hard to fit guys. Joe rockets go up to 4x size. i ordered a 4x phoenix jacket. My friend is size 6X and he goes to the Harley Davidson place for jackets and pants. Don't know where you are at but check out the Harshop in your area.

Kneedraggers.com have been very helpful. tell them your size and they will see if they can help you out. They really helped me, finding a 3x helmet that looked good was hard but they found a HJC creature helmet in 4x and 3x and let me come to the shop to see which one fit better great guys over there at WWW.Kneedraggers.com

also send the guy here a email that runs flatoutmotorcycles.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts