Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS NOT going to get any closer to this spider while taking these pictures, but the thing was FULL of babies all over it's abdomen.. IKKKKK

Attachments

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
Options:

1) Put it in a cardboard box & let it outside.

2) Spray it with krylon "clear paint". :lol

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's in my garage... time to have the bug man come and spray! ewwwwww!!

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
SHOOT IT!!! j/k. Open the garage door and swipe it outside with a broom unless you want to take a shoe and kill it.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
JB, and here i thought you were a billy badass. LIAR!!! hahah :lol

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Welcome to the wolf spider! If you are going to kill it do it quickly and effectively. Her last dieing move will be to remove the babies from her body and setting them free. Its not really a bad thing to have around. They do not bother humans and eat alot of bugs.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
I found one about twice that size last week...damn thing crawled down my leg. So I got a can of WD40 and a lighter...bye bye spider

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I did electronics for Cable TV Systems for 4 1/2 years. I've seen (and subsequently crapped my pants) some NASTY spiders. Considering that thing is in your garage, I'd give it a VERY high rating on the AHHH, KILL THAT DAMN THING BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS IN MY EYE SOCKETS scale.

If you don't have a good chemical around for killing spiders like that (squishing isn't so great with a load of baby spiders!), I recommend FIRE!! I like to use a small propane torch, let a little gas build up right around the spider (a corner or other small area works best) then light that bastard up! The extra gas will cause enough flash to singe it... then they ball up and you can really roast them!

Black widow eggs are kinda my favorite to roast. After you kill the 3 or 4 black bastards, you go after the white egg sacks they leave everywhere (and I MEAN everywhere). You torch them and they kinda peel open. You have to keep torching to fry all of the eggs as they basically peel back in layers.

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
Come on guys!!! Krylon is AWESOME!!! After you spray the damned thing it moves fast as fcuk, then starts to get overcome by the krylon drying. Not to mention that all the baby spiders will get kryloned too. That just means more fun!

You should sit a glass jar over it for tonight...OH OH OH ... And once you have it trapped under the jar take some WD-40, attach the convenient little red hose/nozzle that comes with it & you've got yourself a personal spider gas chamber.

Orrrrr...Take a can of Krylon & switch the cap with the WD-40 cap. Now you can attach the convenient little red hose/nozzle thingy to the Krylon. Take the jar & trap the spider. Now you can krylon the spider & it can't go anywhere.

This is getting to be a little inhumane. :lol

·
Registered
300 Posts
spiders jb. I thought you were pretty tough. Well maybe just pretty.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa HELP!!!!!!! I HATE FRIGGEN Spiders! We got these critters called wolf spiders big ass (not you JB j/k of course since ya got teh best butt among teh sbn babes :lol ) furry buggers that FREAK ME OUT!!!! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
if it was in my house it would be dead.

·
20,262 Posts
Rascus said:
I found one about twice that size last week...damn thing crawled down my leg. So I got a can of WD40 and a lighter...bye bye spider
Here's a photo of said vermon... :eek:

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
Not over yet!
Nine days after the bite. The patient endured 8 days with an open wound to drain the spider's toxins and needed intravenous antibiotics and pain medication almost 24 hours a day.

Eleven days after the bite. A 5-inch wide area of dead tissue was excised, necessitating skin grafting.

Skin graft results 38 days after the bite. Courtesy of Dale Losher.

View of healed wound approximately 10 months after bite.

·
Registered
376 Posts
BSR423 said:
Come on guys!!! Krylon is AWESOME!!! After you spray the damned thing it moves fast as fcuk, then starts to get overcome by the krylon drying. Not to mention that all the baby spiders will get kryloned too. That just means more fun!

You should sit a glass jar over it for tonight...OH OH OH ... And once you have it trapped under the jar take some WD-40, attach the convenient little red hose/nozzle that comes with it & you've got yourself a personal spider gas chamber.

Orrrrr...Take a can of Krylon & switch the cap with the WD-40 cap. Now you can attach the convenient little red hose/nozzle thingy to the Krylon. Take the jar & trap the spider. Now you can krylon the spider & it can't go anywhere.

This is getting to be a little inhumane. :lol
This is the best plan. :phatyo

·
20,262 Posts
From what I found it's a Hawaiian Cane Spider.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts