Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is posted to warn other riders in NY to get your work done at this dealership at your own risk. I brought in a perfectly fine motorcycle for a recall and they could have set my bike on fire as well as my house.

Check out the links the the last rant on what happened this morning. The owner stands behind his mechanics and so be it. I'll see them in court. Ride safe and be sure to photograph your bike at the dealer when you drop it off.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=1602&msg=157709.1

Please see this post for more info.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=1602&msg=158481.1

These guys and the owner are total hacks. I am steaming and I am going to take them to court for their shoddy workmanship as well as inferring I am a liar for the second time. They said they couldn't have done that because they don't have rags like the one used as a battery tray in these photos. Ken also said the battery is the wrong size and it wouldn't fit in the tray. Can't wait to get a new tray and then have them with me in court. I am so pissed right now. I kept my cool with him and said your not going to do anything about it, fine I'll see you court. The tech said that is exactly the way it was when he got and he put it back together just like that. Ok if thats the case then that rag would have been gone already because I replaced the battery in the spring and you can see how charred it is from only riding a few hundred miles since getting it back from the dealer. I had a battery tray when it was brought in and I left without one. Now I have a screwed up ignition module with holes in it and need a tray asap. No comment on the loose tank lock nut I had to replace either. I was told that they have been doing this work for a long time and have done a lot of recalls.

All I can say is steer clear of them and no matter what dealer you go too take photos of your bike before dropping it off of EVERYTHING you can and date them by placing that days newspaper on the bike. I know I'll never trust a dealer again not that I trusted them much anyway but this is insane.

Now can I name Yamaha in the suit being Dutchess Wrecks was acting as their agent in this recall? This is total BS, makes me want to sell my bike and get a Fatboy. Yamaha and star labels are coming off the bike this morning. Nothing like being left flapping in the breeze after bringin in your perfectly fine bike to a dealer for a recall and getting it back F-d up and being called a liar by the stealership and getting no support from the company that made the bike. Man this sucks.

Rant over.

BEWARE and get your service done at your own risk
Dutchess Rec
737 Freedom Plains Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Phone: 845-454-2810
Fax: 845-454-3173

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our side of the story

This thread is a total fabrication! We do not remove the battery to do the update to his transmission! He even said he replaced his own battery in the spring. Why would we take the time to remove the stock setup, steal all his parts and replace his battery with an incorrect part? All to steal a battery box that retails for $22.

In his links he asks someone to send him pictures of what the battery setup looks like on a normal bike. He brought the bike in with this setup for his battery. The technician (with 25 years of experience) saw this rig when he removed the seat. Our mistake was not asking him if he wanted this setup fixed and brought back to stock.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
This happened last year. Why bring it up now? I'm actually planning to visit DutchessRec. They have a large selection of gear. I don't know about their servicing and don't care to comment on either.

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
odd..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sucks when customers can warn others about your shoddy "workmanship" on my bike doesn't it. Your lucky it didn't burn my house down.

I now take my bike to Moroneys in Newburgh. So far no parts stolen and no close calls with fire. Transmission recall work seems to be doing fine so far. Put a few thousand on the bike last year without issue to the tranny.

Photos were asked for because I had no idea how the ignition module was attached. Now I do and your lucky I didn't have to replace that as well. After reading your reply you just dug yourself in deeper. Your saying I stole my passenger backrest and had no battery tray. Guess what the battery that was in the bike, aftermarket slipped right into the Yam factory battery tray I had to buy from Moroney's. So much for your BS.

How long do you guys think a battery would last sitting on a tranny? Asking the readers not Dutchess Wrecks.

Buyer and customer beware, you've been warned.

Dutchess, have a nice life, CYA! :twofinger

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Sucks when customers can warn others about your shoddy "workmanship" on my bike doesn't it. Your lucky it didn't burn my house down.

I now take my bike to Moroneys in Newburgh. So far no parts stolen and no close calls with fire. Transmission recall work seems to be doing fine so far. Put a few thousand on the bike last year without issue to the tranny.

Photos were asked for because I had no idea how the ignition module was attached. Now I do and your lucky I didn't have to replace that as well. After reading your reply you just dug yourself in deeper. Your saying I stole my passenger backrest and had no battery tray. Guess what the battery that was in the bike, aftermarket slipped right into the Yam factory battery tray I had to buy from Moroney's. So much for your BS.

How long do you guys think a battery would last sitting on a tranny? Asking the readers not Dutchess Wrecks.

Buyer and customer beware, you've been warned.

Dutchess, have a nice life, CYA! :twofinger
Interesting cause I have heard plenty of bad news about Moroneys and how their sales people don't know jack shit when it comes to sportbikes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've never purchased any of my street bikes from these guys but i did by 2 quads, a 300ex way back in like 97 and then my 05 450r in 05. I always work on my own stuff so i cant really comment on the Service Department but i do know a few people that have had work done there and never had any negative things to say ...well other than the bill (but someones gotta get paid).

Hope you guys work things out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I don't like having to go to Moroneys, I had heard good things about Dutchess that is why I went there which is a LONG way from home. Moroneys had done the tires on my bike before and I just didn't have that much confidence in them for some reason so I went to Dutchess. The way they handled this whole thing is enough to keep me away for life. If I can from now on I'll do things myself but this tranny rebuild had to be done at a dealer. We really don't have a lot of options.

While waiting at Dutchess one of the times I was there another guy was complaining about a part missing off his bike after getting it back. There is a fly in the ointment there somewhere and the owner really needs to get a handle on his ship.

Hard to find good service departments, best bet is a good bike mechanic that works out of his own shop. I was lucky enough to find one for my Harley but he doesn't touch metrics.

Good luck and ride safe guys.

B

·
Registered
28 Posts
first thing any business owner knows is the customer is always right. By the sound of it their professionalism was far from good. Have they tried to work anything out with you or are you SOL?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They took care of the backrest but the battery tray I ordered on my own from Moroney's, cheap part I think $25 bucks and easy install. I filled up the holes on the ignition module with silicone sealant and so far no probs from the battery, module or tranny. Although I do have the upgraded gear they were supposed to replace while doing the rebuild. I waited months for them to get the part in and have it installed during the rebuild and when I picked the bike up they gave me the part still on the factory card in plastic. I was like ok, great, glad I waited 6 months to have this upgraded gear installed during the tranny rebuild. I tell ya, brain dead and couldn't care less about the customers. I think at the time I called the BBB and I even printed out the forms to take them to civil court or whatever I was gonna do but then life got in the way with more important things so I let it slide.

If you get work done by them, seriously take pics with a timely newspaper cover in it so you know you get your bike back the same way it went in.

Thanks guys and ride safe.

Billy

America's 9/11 Ride ~ 911 Memorial Ride

·
Registered
7 Posts
I go to cycle motions in middletown off dolsen ave.

Cycle motion is awesome. I have been bringing my sportster there for years. I just sold it and will be in the market for a gs500f... I will be going to cycle motion first.

·
Registered
848 Posts
got my SV650S from cycle motion. Billy is the guy i like to deal with there.. some of the parts people not so much. All around great dealer... too bad the next bike i want to purchase isnt carried at cycle motion! =(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts