Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya from England from forum newbie
My bikeing passion is for Nortons Wankel Rotary engined bikes built between 1982 to 1992. This passion started with the successes of the Norton Rotary racebikes which won the British 'F1/superbike' race series in 1989 and again in 1994 and the Isle of Man TT in 1992.
I believe that there are only 2 or 3 Norton Rotaries in the USA so i guess that most of you wont have seen them.
Ive put some of my photos of them onto my homepage, if you are interested click on the link in my signature below...(no advertising or pop ups etc)...

Click here for my Norton Rotary Motorcycles web page

(No Advertising or pop ups)
I will try to put a pic of a 1992 F1 Sport in the forum photos.

·
Registered
569 Posts
That is so awesome.... I wish I could get my hands on one of those. :(

·
Registered
290 Posts
:twofinger welcome :twofinger

Sweet bikes :cool:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've got an RX7 friend that is absolutely nuts over those dancing triangles...

I hear all about the rotarie's revving capabilities, what do those bikes rev to?

Oh yeah, welcome!!

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
wasnt there another wankel rotary bike back int he 70's er sumthin. called the hercules er something liek that. i could be wrong.

welcome, and great pics!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stang Man said:
I've got an RX7 friend that is absolutely nuts over those dancing triangles...I hear all about the rotarie's revving capabilities, what do those bikes rev to?
The roadbikes only revved to 9000-9500 rpm and the racebikes to 9800 rpm. The rotors can be revved to over 20000 rpm but they have such a broad power band anyway that there isnt much point. The race bikes were plenty quick enough to beat the competition using just 10k rpm.
Kranok, youre not wrong, the DKW W2000 Hercules was the base that the Norton was developed from, its no coincidence that the 588cc twin rotor Norton is exactly double the size of the 294cc single rotor DKW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts