Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
5,547 Posts
dubbs693 said:
So you jus wire the load balancer and relay inline? If I were to get the mototek undertail kit would I need another relay and load balancer?

Also, I can't believe people are catching an attitude with you.. You write up long answers and they say you are trying to be an asshole... why the hell did he ask for help if he didn't want an answer? Also to the other ppl he explains why so you can understand what is going on, not just blindly giving you the answers.
The Mototeck Load Resistors are a bit expensive IMO. $27.99 No way. I did the same thing with a Tridon EL-12 electronic flasher relay from AutoZone for $8.99 and a KURYAKYN # 6004865 load equalizer for $5.00 from my local dealership. I only have one load equalizer for the entire turn signal system. It has two purple wires and one black wire. On the MOTOTECK undertail LED's all I did was tap into one black wire with the black wire from the load equalizer and tap into each yellow wire with each of the two purple wires. I then plugged the Tridon EL12 flasher relay back into the female connectors that I had installed on the wires. Make sure you plug the Orange wire into the "L" marked on the bottom of the EL12 relay. I used some double sided tape and mount the load equalizer to the rear frame. And presto. I turned the key and turned on my hazard flashers and they flash at a normal rate, just like stock turn signals do. Turn signals right and left also work properly. Problem fixed.

Tridon EL12 Electronic Flasher $8.99 at AutoZone
Kuryakyn Load Equalizer # 6004865 $5.00 at Dealership

Front turn signals MOTOTECK flushlines clears lenses with Amber LED's each
front turn signal has two clusters of 9 LED's one cluster is aiming sideways
and the other cluster is aimed forward at an angle for a total of 18 LED's
per turn signal. The come in all types of bulb colors LED or filament.
Single circuit or dual circuit. So when ordering them be very attentive
with your choices on the drop down menu's before placing your order to
ensure to get the right ones. You have to remove the entire upper front cowling to install the flushline
turn signals. Remove you windscreen and mirrors first. There is one wiring
harness in front of your gauge cluster that you will need to unhook and a
clap on the tubing for the ram-air system that you just squeeze together
with a pair of pliers. They are like a sandwich and the two screws require
a 1/4 inch end wrench to be properly tightened in a very restricted space.
The two screws in each turn signal will need to be completely run in and out
before the installation into the cowling, this is to ensure that they
install smoothly so the little screws don't crack the lenses during the
installation process. Do this in a place where you can sit the upper
cowling down some place like on a blanket or a towel so you don't scratch
your paint or your headlight lenses. I slipped 1 inch pieces of 3M shrink
wrap tubing over the wires and slid it out of the way, then twisted and
soldered the wires for the turn signals. Then slide the 3M shrink wrap
tubing into place and heat it with a lighter until it shrinks, thus sealing
your connection off from the elements.

If you have any specific questions that you feel can't be answered on the forum. I can help you over the phone like I did "Grimy" in California. It was easier for me to explain to him over the phone. He had lots of questions. He just installed the Mototeck flushlines and undertail like I have on his 06 ZZR. Everything turned out just fine for him too. Let me know, I'll be glad to help. On the other side of things those were my intentions, to help. But I guess I'm a true "asshole" for offering helpful information to the problems others are having with there ZZR600 modifications. They can take it how they wish. Thanks for the kinds words, they mean allot. Ride Safe, Jay

Attachments

·
DIG OUT YOUR SOUL
926 Posts
This site is definitely a better, more informative and enthusiastic place with Zzrrocket's energy, insight, meticulousness and zeal. Let's not forget that forum conversations are words and not a total expression so when we think someone is being snarky or something we should give the benefit of the doubt. I hope there are no more discussions like that on "zzr-net" as we need everyone's input and cooperation to make this a fun and useful Zzr site. Just think, we all want other people's thoughts, opinions and ideas and nobody here has taken more time and effort to help more people with their Zzr bikes than Zzrrocket.

Hey Rocket, I wanted to say congrats on your daighter getting into Alabama... GO TIDE! Hopefully there won't be too many left-wing teachers trying to convince her that America sucks!

·
5,547 Posts
fallclassic02 said:
This site is definitely a better, more informative and enthusiastic place with Zzrrocket's energy, insight, meticulousness and zeal. Let's not forget that forum conversations are words and not a total expression so when we think someone is being snarky or something we should give the benefit of the doubt. I hope there are no more discussions like that on "zzr-net" as we need everyone's input and cooperation to make this a fun and useful Zzr site. Just think, we all want other people's thoughts, opinions and ideas and nobody here has taken more time and effort to help more people with their Zzr bikes than Zzrrocket.

Hey Rocket, I wanted to say congrats on your daighter getting into Alabama... GO TIDE! Hopefully there won't be too many left-wing teachers trying to convince her that America sucks!
Thanks man. I just hope that everyone understands that we are all here to help each other. That's all that really matters. I feel like all of you are my extended family and I have never met any of you in person. Except for "qiknes", Chuck. I hope that will change when May 2007 gets here for the Deals Gap trip.:) It would be a fun time to meet as many people from here as possible. Thanks for your enthusiastic reply about my daughter attending Alabama. I don't think she thinks America sucks.:lao She's a good kid.:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Someone with the Mototeck flush mounts. I ordered a set and have them in the fairing but there wasn't any instructions and I think I may have grabbed ones I don't need. What I mean is I think I have the type that can be wired as running lights but I didn't plan on doing that. Rack in Motion :: Flashers :: Flush-line Style :: Flush-line (A) FZ1 01-05 ZX-6-9-10R 98+ Ninja 500, 2/pcs today. I need to know how to wire them in. I have a 07 ZZR600. I ordered the 9 led version and it has 2 black, 2 yellow and 2 gray wires. The wires I'll be splicing them into are Black/Yellow and Green. I know they will need resistors or a different relay (I'm gonna try something) but to get one working how do I hook it up? What color to what color? Btw thanks for all the how to info in this thread (and other relating to it) just didn't find the one thats probably a dur question.

·
5,547 Posts
Someone with the Mototeck flush mounts. I ordered a set and have them in the fairing but there wasn't any instructions and I think I may have grabbed ones I don't need. What I mean is I think I have the type that can be wired as running lights but I didn't plan on doing that. Rack in Motion*::*Flashers*::*Flush-line Style*::*Flush-line (A) FZ1 01-05 ZX-6-9-10R 98+ Ninja 500, 2/pcs today. I need to know how to wire them in. I have a 07 ZZR600. I ordered the 9 led version and it has 2 black, 2 yellow and 2 gray wires. The wires I'll be splicing them into are Black/Yellow and Green. I know they will need resistors or a different relay (I'm gonna try something) but to get one working how do I hook it up? What color to what color? Btw thanks for all the how to info in this thread (and other relating to it) just didn't find the one thats probably a dur question.

Did you click on the link on the product page on th Rack In Motion website????:idea "Installation Instructions"
"Click Here to View the Product Installation Instructions"

You purchased dual circuit LED's. BLACK is the GROUND / GREY is the RUNNING(optional) / YELLOW is the POSITIVE

They should work just as turn signals if you don't connect the gray wire. Very simple:cheers

Please read the other information in this thread that I have provided about proper flash rate of signals. (Load Resistor/Electronic Flasher Relay)

The Black/Yellow wire is the Ground "-". The Green wire is positive "+".

Attachments

·
5,547 Posts
BTW to properly install MOTOTECK Flushline front turn signals you need to completely remove the front upper cowling assembly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah the link to the instructions does not seem to work atm. I just get a ( The requested URL /installation_files/33302500.pdf was not found on this server.) Although to be honest I didn't even find that until looking through a ton of our posts. I also have an email sent to RnM and was waiting for a response. Btw I'm saving that diagram to my ZZR600 folder for future ref so I don't have to search for it. :) Yeah I've seen the blink rate info scattered throughout the forums so unless I run into a problem its covered. Thanks for the response and posting and reposting the blinker rate fix! I really do try to find the info I'm looking for first but I'm also very scattered and when folks put links in forums I'm like a stream following a new path of least resistance. So I start forum searching for 1 topic and wind up reading all about a completely dif topic... I can become distracted for hours lol

Lil side note. Having the cowl off got me wanting a naked bike again :p

·
5,547 Posts
Yeah the link to the instructions does not seem to work atm. I just get a ( The requested URL /installation_files/33302500.pdf was not found on this server.) Although to be honest I didn't even find that until looking through a ton of our posts. I also have an email sent to RnM and was waiting for a response. Btw I'm saving that diagram to my ZZR600 folder for future ref so I don't have to search for it. :) Yeah I've seen the blink rate info scattered throughout the forums so unless I run into a problem its covered. Thanks for the response and posting and reposting the blinker rate fix! I really do try to find the info I'm looking for first but I'm also very scattered and when folks put links in forums I'm like a stream following a new path of least resistance. So I start forum searching for 1 topic and wind up reading all about a completely dif topic... I can become distracted for hours lol

Lil side note. Having the cowl off got me wanting a naked bike again :p

If click on the 3rd one down the page. The one with the black, gray, and yellow wires. Rack in Motion*::*Flashers*::*Flush-line Style*::*Flush-line (D) R1 02+ R6 03+ FZ1 FZ6 06+, 2/pcs

Then click on "Installation Instructions"
"Click Here to View the Product Installation Instructions"

Version française voir plus bas

http://www.rackinmotion.com/installation_files/3300100.pdf

It may be a different model of turn signal for a different model of bike. But they all work the same. Black is Black, Grey is Grey and Yellow is Yellow.

"I also have an email sent to RnM and was waiting for a response." Waiting on a response to what?

·
Registered
56 Posts
"Waiting on a response to what?" woops I should have clarified I WAS waiting for a response on how to hook them up but your answer covered it. I posted my question here a few hours after emailing them. You beat them :) Lazy Canadians going home to there families for the night... j/k

·
5,547 Posts
"Waiting on a response to what?" whoops I should have clarified I WAS waiting for a response on how to hook them up but your answer covered it. I posted my question here a few hours after emailing them. You beat them :) Lazy Canadians going home to there families for the night... j/k
Yep I could beat them to it with one arm tied behind my back while I was half passed out drunk too. Lazy Ca nooks! I'm not kidding! Last time I did business with Mototeck aka R-n-M it was like pulling teeth with the ass hole that answered the phone. It was like it was my fault for spending my hard earned money with the company.

Anyway I would stay on them until they fixed that link with the instructions. It's the least they could do. When the company was still Mototeck I actually got paper instructions with the product.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow, I know I'm a bit behind, but those Watsen Design signals look great.

I got Gregg's customs Gregg's Customs
if the OP is still paying attention. I am really happy with the way they fit and look.

Now the site says "ZX-6, ’98-’02" So I'm not sure if they will fit the ZZR... Just joking Jay :eek:nfloor and I refer the OP to Jay's signature for future reference. I have it tattooed on my arm so I don't forget.

Here is a video of my new undertail, I've posted it before, but there is a part at the end where you can see my hyperactive signal in action.

·
5,547 Posts

if the OP is still paying attention. I am really happy with the way they fit and look.

Now the site says "ZX-6, ’98-’02" So I'm not sure if they will fit the ZZR... Just joking Jay :eek:nfloor and I refer the OP to Jay's signature for future reference. I have it tattooed on my arm so I don't forget.

Here is a video of my new undertail, I've posted it before, but there is a part at the end where you can see my hyperactive signal in action.

Thanks for the input. And your humor:eek:nfloor:eek:nfloor (Phil) pjw1969 has them on his 675 Daytona in red. I have seen them in person, they looked like they were OEM equipment on the bike. I may consider going with a set this winter in silver:)

·
Registered
56 Posts

Dethbed stop making me want to spend my money on that sexy rear end :p At first I wasn't a fan until seeing this vid of them in action. Also like the Mototecks like Jay's but damn that sunk in with black is hot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rackinmotion responded and fixed the link to the instructions now that I'm about done. I got distracted once the bike was apart or I'd be riding. :) Well its off to see Harry Poter

·
5,547 Posts
Rackinmotion responded and fixed the link to the instructions now that I'm about done. I got distracted once the bike was apart or I'd be riding. :) Well its off to see Harry Poter
Glad to see they fixed it for you. Hope you took special care with the part about running the two screws all the way in and out before the installation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Glad to see they fixed it for you. Hope you took special care with the part about running the two screws all the way in and out before the installation.
Actually went a step beyond. With a dremel cut a small notch in the screw like a self taping one. Then ran it in and out making sure to blow out extra plastic. I wasn't sure that the things wouldn't crack :p I used the EL12 flasher once I tracked one down at the 3rd store. Lucky for me I have 3 parts stores within 2 miles. I only have front LEDs atm I won an auction for clear brake/signals but the guy had ebay contact me cause he ran out of stock and he refunded my money. It does look much better. Oh and while doing this I did another lil mod I'll post in the mod forums.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been lurking on the forum for a while reading threads and I was curious why people are using load balancers rather than flashers specifically designed for LED turn signals.

A quick google search turned up: Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Relay - Plug And Play

Sure the load balancer works but then you defeat the energy efficiency of the LED bulbs.

Thanks for the input.

·
5,547 Posts
I've been lurking on the forum for a while reading threads and I was curious why people are using load balancers rather than flashers specifically designed for LED turn signals.

A quick google search turned up: Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Relay - Plug And Play

Sure the load balancer works but then you defeat the energy efficiency of the LED bulbs.

Thanks for the input.
I'm sure that product works great. At the time of my installation the load resistor and electronic flasher relay were available locally and at the time were the most cost effective.

·
5,547 Posts
Mr Goose you appear to have an electronics and computer background. Please explain to the forum about this statement in detail, "Sure the load balancer works but then you defeat the energy efficiency of the LED bulbs." It would be most appreciated. Thanks

·
5,547 Posts
My other question is why should I be concerned about defeating the energy efficeincy of the LED's in my turn signals? They all work. Been burning strong since January 2006.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts