Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I bought some "Proton" flush mount led's and was told they would fit the ZZR600. I spent roughly 4-5 hours on my bike only to come away with the stock ones put back on since they looked like crap.

These are the ones I bought. They were cool except for the fact that they left a big gap that only got worse as you tightened them down :rolleyes They were made for the 03-04 636 but I was told they would work fine on our bikes since both bikes use the same kind of turn signal.

I believe I can return them and go with some new ones. I wanted to ask everyone what is the best flush mount that DOES NOT leave any gaps or weird looking spaces. I want something that looks like it belongs on my bike, not something that looks like it was sandwiched on with a big washer.

What signals does everyone use? I want the absolute best looking/working ones available :)

Thanks!

·
5,547 Posts
"I was told they would work fine on our bikes since both bikes use the same kind of turn signal." Who ever told you that fed you a line of B.S.:rolleyes You should have asked someone here first before wasting your time and money.

The 03-04 636 is a totally different bike. 03 is a ZX636B1 and the 04 is a ZX636B2. Remember "B" model parts are no good for a "J" model bike. You should have got some that fit a 00-02 ZX6R then you wouldn't have had any problems with the fitment. Remember a 05-07 ZZR600 is the same as a 00-02 ZX6R "J" model. I did a search for "Proton" and didn't see any for the 00-02 ZX6R. It appears that they make them for our bikes. The MOTOTECK flushlines that I have were half of what you paid for something that doesn't even fit. http://mototeck.com/index_en.html

Here's a short clip of the MOTOTECK Flushline LED front turn signals installed on my 2006 ZZR600. Best viewed in 320 on putfile.com

http://media.putfile.com/MOTOTECK-Flushline-LEDs

Also since you have already spent about $100.00 on the ones that didn't fit. Gregg's Customs makes some for the 98-02 ZX6R that IMO are very pricey. But to each his own. I'm just trying to give you suggestions. So if you have a black 07 ZZR they make them in black. http://www.greggscustoms.com/prod_kawiZX6_7_9.html

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand the 03-04 is a totally different bike..just like the 05-06 zx6 is a different bike from the 03-04. The turn signals however are the same on the 03-04 as on all the current ZZR bikes. The company doesn't make one for the 00-02 zx6 and they said the 03-04 part number would work fine. In fact, they "confirmed" it would fit an 06 ZZR600.

I guess I'm just frustrated since I was expecting a little better product than $100 bought. I'm hoping they will take them as a return, but it will still cost me shipping and even more time.

The Greeg's Customs ones look very nice, maybe I'll try those or the Mototeck ones.

·
5,547 Posts
2004 ZX636B2 front turn signal part number # 23037-0003

2006 ZX600J6F "ZZR600" front signal part number # 23037-1428

Yep looks like the same part numbers to me:lao

Question? Where did this information come from?

"The turn signals however are the same on the 03-04 as on all the current ZZR bikes"

Did you inform the company that you purchased the turn signals from that you were purchasing them for a "J" model ZX6R and and not a "B" model ZX636? Sounds as if the company that sold them to you may be mis-informed about what bikes there product will fit.

"In fact, they "confirmed" it would fit an 06 ZZR600."

The top parts diagram is the 2004 ZX636B2 and the bottom part diagram is the 2006 ZX600J6F "ZZR600", the turn signals on the different bikes each have a different components with different parts numbers. I'm trying to prove to you that whoever told you that the turn signals on each bike are the same, must be mis-informed. It's obvious that we both know this now, you have answered this question already. All by yourself. You purchased the turn signals for a 03-04 636 "B" model and tryed to install them on a 07 ZZR600 "J" model and it didn't work out for you. Please don't take me the wrong way. I do lots of research on the internet about what parts will fit the 05-07 ZZR600 "J" model. Ask anyone else here they will tell you. I'm for real man. Ride Safe, Jay

Attachments

·
5,547 Posts
Solution to the Tridon EL-12 fast blink with LED signals

If you switch completely to all
LED's the stock turn signal relay will have to be replaced with a electronic
flasher relay and a load equalizer to make the turn signal flash at the
proper legal rate. LED's put more resistance on the electrical
system like regular light bulbs do. They draw less current. So the stock
flasher relay is setup for regular bulbs. The electronic flasher relay I
have was purchased at AutoZone for less than $10.00 Tridon EL-12. and the
load equalizer I got from my local dealership for $5.00. Kuryakyn Load
Equalizer # 6004865. Even with the electronic flasher relay installed the
LED turn signals do not put enough resistance on the relay to make it
function properly so you need the load equalizer. This puts resistance to
the electronic flasher relay so basically it thinks it has regular filament
bulbs attached to it and flashes at the proper legal rate. Make sure you
plug the Orange wire into the "L" marked on the bottom of the EL12 relay. I
cut the wires on the stock relay and then installed female connectors on the
two wires so the could be slid onto the male ends on the EL-12 relay. Then
take some electrical tape and wrap it around the EL-12 and the rubber
connector so you can slide it be into place to it' not flopping around under
your seat. . Confused?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The information came from the store selling them. They called the company who produces the turn signals and they said they confirmed they would fit the 2006 ZZR600. Why would I tell them I had a 636 when I do not own that bike?

Are you trying to be an asshole towards me or does it come out naturally? Your posts all seem to be "I told you so" and that annoys me. You seem knowledgeable, but it really makes it discouraging to post here.

·
5,547 Posts
AR_ZZR said:
The information came from the store selling them. They called the company who produces the turn signals and they said they confirmed they would fit the 2006 ZZR600. Why would I tell them I had a 636 when I do not own that bike?

Are you trying to be an asshole towards me or does it come out naturally? Your posts all seem to be "I told you so" and that annoys me. You seem knowledgeable, but it really makes it discouraging to post here.
Very sorry that you feel that way about all the information that I took the time to post in hopes that it would help you with your problem. It's actually kind of funny. Who else in this entire forum took the time to offer you help. That number would be "ZERO":rolleyes My point was that, and I will say this again. You said yourself that the turn signals did not fit properly. This tells me that they are specifically for a 636 "B" model and not for a ZX6R "J" aka ZZR600. Since the both of us have been unable to find them for a ZX6R "J" model. Please post a link to the site that you purchased them from. Just for the record no matter how you feel about my posts. I am always here to help. And if I don't know the answer I will find out for you. Ride Safe, Jay

·
Registered
769 Posts
ZZRrocket said:
Very sorry that you feel that way about all the information that I took the time to post in hopes that it would help you with your problem. It's actually kind of funny. Who else in this entire forum took the time to offer you help. That number would be "ZERO":rolleyes My point was that, and I will say this again. You said yourself that the turn signals did not fit properly. This tells me that they are specifically for a 636 "B" model and not for a ZX6R "J" aka ZZR600. Since the both of us have been unable to find them for a ZX6R "J" model. Please post a link to the site that you purchased them from. Just for the record no matter how you feel about my posts. I am always here to help. And if I don't know the answer I will find out for you. Ride Safe, Jay

The reason he comes off sarcastic I'm guessing is because he has answered all these questions before in the forums and if you would take the time out to read all the posts you would know this. All the same questions get posted, again and again. I asked the same thing about flushmount lenses and I ended up w/ what zzrRocket has and they look great. I followed his advice and got the load equalizer and a new electronic flasher and it all works fantastic. I think that you are just reading some of his posts wrong. The zzrrocket IS the same as the zx6r from 00-02 and that is a 636 model as jay explained.

Jay is the man.

He is not an asshole.

I called him up a few times just knowing him from the forums and he answered every question I had and troublshooted all my stupid problems until they worked. He always gave me an extreme amount of detail to the point of answering the question and then some.

Check your role, if he was jerkin your chain the rest of us would come in and be like, dont play him like a fool.

Suck it up ladies!

hope all that wasn't to harsh....I guess Marines turned me into a dick over stupid shit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jay,

Clearly this guy did not want to debate whether or not the signals were the same. He just wanted a recommendation on what signals would work for his bike. You seem to feel like you need to give people lessons they neither ask for or want and that comes across as if you're talking down to them. I've watched this happen between you and quite a few different people on this forum. At a certain point you have to admit that the problem lies with you and not all the other people you're having issues with. My advice to you would be to simply answer the person's question if you know the answer or don't reply at all.

·
5,547 Posts
ZZRDUDE said:
Jay,

Clearly this guy did not want to debate whether or not the signals were the same. He just wanted a recommendation on what signals would work for his bike. You seem to feel like you need to give people lessons they neither ask for or want and that comes across as if you're talking down to them. I've watched this happen between you and quite a few different people on this forum. At a certain point you have to admit that the problem lies with you and not all the other people you're having issues with. My advice to you would be to simply answer the person's question if you know the answer or don't reply at all.
Debate or not??? The signals didn't fit properly. Wasting time and causing frustration. I gave him a couple of different other choices. This is simply amazing how I take the time out of my busy day to answer peoples questions and then get the third degree from people who offered no input to the problem at all. This steers me alway from helping at all. I know, I know I'm just one guy. I don't know everything but I always take the time to help. I have answered these questions numerous times in this forum. So I guess the search button just became your new friend. If I pissed you off it wasn't what I was going for. My apologies.

Please post a link to the site that you purchased them from.

·
5,547 Posts
Grimy said:
The reason he comes off sarcastic I'm guessing is because he has answered all these questions before in the forums and if you would take the time out to read all the posts you would know this. All the same questions get posted, again and again. I asked the same thing about flushmount lenses and I ended up w/ what zzrRocket has and they look great. I followed his advice and got the load equalizer and a new electronic flasher and it all works fantastic. I think that you are just reading some of his posts wrong. The zzrrocket IS the same as the zx6r from 00-02 and that is a 636 model as jay explained.

Jay is the man.

He is not an asshole.

I called him up a few times just knowing him from the forums and he answered every question I had and troublshooted all my stupid problems until they worked. He always gave me an extreme amount of detail to the point of answering the question and then some.

Check your role, if he was jerkin your chain the rest of us would come in and be like, dont play him like a fool.

Suck it up ladies!

hope all that wasn't to harsh....I guess Marines turned me into a dick over stupid shit.

Thanks for the kind words brother. I appreciate them very much.:)

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
my two cents, the reason why feathers got ruffled was because he said the signals didn't fit... he didn't need to be told why.

with that said, everyone go buy a box of Summer's Eve. You'll all feel better w/o a sandy vagina :D

·
5,547 Posts
OreoGaborio said:
my two cents, the reason why feathers got ruffled was because he said the signals didn't fit... he didn't need to be told why.

with that said, everyone go buy a box of Summer's Eve. You'll all feel better w/o a sandy vagina :D
I told him why to help him with future aftermarket parts that he may purchase. IMO some people are such NOOOBS that they need to be told "why":rolleyes So they don't keep ordering stuff for the wrong bike and wonder why is doesn't fit properly. Jessssssh

·
DIG OUT YOUR SOUL
926 Posts
ZZRrocket said:
IMO some people are such NOOOBS that they need to be told "why":rolleyes
I think you need to say "why" even if "why" is not asked. You just need to say "why." Maybe it is a form of therapy or entertainment to come off as having what you perceive as all the answers. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your research even though I have not always agreed with what you have come up with. You definitely have good intentions but if several people have suggested that you come off the wrong way maybe you do. People want advice and insight but they don't want to be talked down to as if everything coming from a particular person is the only, definitive answer.

For anyone looking for a great set of front blinkers look at the signals made by watsen designs. Check their website, they make them to color match and they are the only blinkers I have seen that I actually think looks good. Everything else I see looks cheap and I've looked at just about everything.

The watsen design blinkers are $120 and come with everything you need to make them operate properly. You can even see a picture of them in 06 silver mounted to the fairing on the site. Check it out...

Attachments

·
5,547 Posts
fallclassic02 said:
I think you need to say "why" even if "why" is not asked. You just need to say "why." Maybe it is a form of therapy or entertainment to come off as having what you perceive as all the answers. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your research even though I have not always agreed with what you have come up with. You definitely have good intentions but if several people have suggested that you come off the wrong way maybe you do. People want advice and insight but they don't want to be talked down to as if everything coming from a particular person is the only, definitive answer.

For anyone looking for a great set of front blinkers look at the signals made by watsen designs. Check their website, they make them to color match and they are the only blinkers I have seen that I actually think looks good. Everything else I see looks cheap and I've looked at just about everything.

The watsen design blinkers are $120 and come with everything you need to make them operate properly. You can even see a picture of them in 06 silver mounted to the fairing on the site. Check it out...

Thanks for your helpful insight on things. I value your opinion. But that's just it I don't have all the answers. I can only offer my opinion on a subject. If I offended anyone here, please accept my apologies. Ride Safe, Jay

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
on the mototek website, what is the difference between the 1 circuit and 2 circuit models? thanks

·
5,547 Posts
dubbs693 said:
on the mototek website, what is the difference between the 1 circuit and 2 circuit models? thanks
Single circuit are turn signals only. Dual circuit are running lights and turn signals.

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
So you jus wire the load balancer and relay inline? If I were to get the mototek undertail kit would I need another relay and load balancer?

Also, I can't believe people are catching an attitude with you.. You write up long answers and they say you are trying to be an asshole... why the hell did he ask for help if he didn't want an answer? Also to the other ppl he explains why so you can understand what is going on, not just blindly giving you the answers.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts