Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the best way to just totally darken my visor? I bought the darkest smoke one yet a lot of people say you can still see my face and recognize me. Dont ask why, but I prefer to obscure my face as much as possible. Thank you in advanced.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'd wager that pretty much all the chicks are going to want you to take it off before they let you sex them...might be better for them to get a hint of the impending horror beforehand.

:p

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I have two dark tint visors and I have never had an issue with anyone being able to see my face or "recognize" me through my visor- not that I have noticed: and the reality is you don't want it so dark YOU can't see out of it. that's just counter productive.

I wouldn't worry about it that much- most people aren't going to be able to notice shit.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I have NO idea why you wouldn't want people to be able to see you.... all they can see if your eyes, anyways. I've gone up to friends with a clear visor and had them not recognize me until I took off my helmet.

Anyways, yeah- one of the chrome colored visors are going to be your best bet. There's no way to darken the smoke color and keep it optically clear enough to be safe to ride with.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Get a wicking balaclava. I have a clear shield with built-in tinted visor and this combo means nobody can see anything behind the shield except black. Cooler than the tinted visor, IMO.

- John

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Get a wicking balaclava. I have a clear shield with built-in tinted visor and this combo means nobody can see anything behind the shield except black. Cooler than the tinted visor, IMO.

- John
that's great for now... but what happens in fucking august LMAO

speaking of ... I need to dig mine out- my damn head is getting cold commuting to work!

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Whether people can see my face or not is usually not a part of my criteria for buying a shield... The brutality of south florida sun is usually the only concern.

That being said, what brand is your helmet? The manufacturers can differ quite a bit.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
I have always gone with mirrored shields on my helmets. Mostly because I like the look. They do offer some tinting and with that and my internal visor it's good for everything except riding right into the sun in the mornings/evenings. Although idk if any visor would help 100% with that.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I have always gone with mirrored shields on my helmets. Mostly because I like the look. They do offer some tinting and with that and my internal visor it's good for everything except riding right into the sun in the mornings/evenings. Although idk if any visor would help 100% with that.

The mirrored shields peel really easily if they ever get chipped.... so I stay away.

I think the last one I had got a chip right in the middle of it on my first ride with it, and started peeling a few days later. After that I just had a normal clear shield that just cost me a lot.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
The mirrored shields peel really easily if they ever get chipped.... so I stay away.

I think the last one I had got a chip right in the middle of it on my first ride with it, and started peeling a few days later. After that I just had a normal clear shield that just cost me a lot.
My first one scratched but never peeled and so far the one on my EXO hasn't gotten a single scratch. It's been holding up very well. Once it gets messed up though, I'm going with a dark smoke.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
I also have a dark smoke and a blue-mirror visor for the same Shoei helmet. The blue mirror visor isn't near as dark fromt he wearer's perspective, and actually has a gold tint looking through it.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I've seen alot of people who have either saggy jowls, or excess skin around the eyes put on a helmet and either look 20yrs older, or like the Emperor around the eyes due to the foam pushing against the cheeks -

Maybe thats what the OP's deal is.

·
Registered
507 Posts
that's great for now... but what happens in fucking august LMAO

speaking of ... I need to dig mine out- my damn head is getting cold commuting to work!
I said a WICKING balaclava. They make you feel cooler in the summer. Wear a windproof one in cold weather.

- John

1 - 20 of 26 Posts