Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets here some of the roads you like to open it up on. There is nothing but twistie roads around here. I hit a lot of local roads farm roads and such that are probably not even on a map. I found the sportbike dream the other day but there are hidden drive ways every where. There has to be over 100 sharp almost u turns. :popcorn

·
Registered
73 Posts
Palisades Drive. So much space I can crank the Busa throttle wide open. Its a nice view by the lake too. Now I bet you all want to go huh?

Tuck, Duck and Roll baby!!

·
Club Racer
226 Posts
thillrc51 said:
Route 339, near Bloomsburg, and route 125 in pine grove.
I think 125 is the road some friends have talked about. THat road is supposed to be insane.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think 125 is the road some friends have talked about. THat road is supposed to be insane.
I've heard that too, just never been there. Probably because I don't have a clue how to get there. Can anyone give me a clue?

·
Club Racer
226 Posts
jhyyz said:
I've heard that too, just never been there. Probably because I don't have a clue how to get there. Can anyone give me a clue?

for a dollar.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Route 125

I ride there pretty often. Mostly go to the stretch where the stunters ride just to see if there is any action.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dollar?

for a dollar.
Sh*t! That won't even fill your tank half way, or get you a frosty cold one at a decent t*ttie bar. But if it helps you save your pennies... :beer

Let's start here... is it remotely close to me? Like I should already know where it is kinda thing.

:cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
re

125 is at pine grove,easy to find. it actually runs under rt.81,just look at a map,or go north 501 over the mountain past bethal(past rt.78),you'll find 125,and 25,and well,basicly all the roads up there kick ass!!! God i wish i still lived up there...

·
Club Racer
226 Posts
jhyyz said:
Sh*t! That won't even fill your tank half way, or get you a frosty cold one at a decent t*ttie bar. But if it helps you save your pennies... :beer

Let's start here... is it remotely close to me? Like I should already know where it is kinda thing.

:cheers
I figure you cann't have much money left after all the work that busa needs to keep up with the new litre bikes. :rolleyes

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Lehigh Valley between Route 222 and 22/78.

And anywhere in Schuylkill County or near the Coal Regions.

God I miss them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
SalKhan said:
Lehigh Valley between Route 222 and 22/78.

And anywhere in Schuylkill County or near the Coal Regions.

God I miss them.
Lehigh Valley between 222 & 22/78?
I must have missed something.
Where? Which town?

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Well I'll give you one leg of the run me and and my buddy do in town. Then I can even ask if he can run you guys through it. From Allentown:

1. 22 West to 100 N.
2. First light, take a left, onto Old 22/Main Street.
3. Stay straight on Old 22... Don't turn at all... for about 12-15 miles. Kinda straight and boring.
4. Before entering the middle of Lenhartsville, look for very VERY sharp left turn on to 143 S. (And I mean like 180 degree sharp). This is where the fun begins.
5. Be VERY careful of the left hander by the Barn/Silo about 2-3 miles in. It's VERY tricky and has caught many people off guard.
6. At the stop sign, take a right. This road is very quick but watch out for blind crests.
6a. Next Stop sign take a left. Careful first part of the road is gravel-filled... But clears up in 1/2 mile.
7. At next stop sign, take left. 2-3 90 degrees turns with nice roads. When you start seeing white lines on the road, slow down. Do the speed limit through the town.
8. When you reach the stop light you've reached 222. Take a left.
9. Stay on 222. I think you want the Kutztown (might be virginville/Krumsville) exit for 737 North (Krumsville Road).
10. RIGHT After the road merges to one lane, you want to take a right turn - it almost veers off to the right more than turns.
11. Nice road... To a stop sign.. bear Left.
12. Follow all the way to stop sign, take a right, and you're back on Old 22 heading towards 100!

Like I said this is just part of the run. If I can remember it clearly, I'll throw in the Route 863 part before you get to 143. Also a sweet road.

I recommend only doing it during the day and watch your double-yellow passings and save them for the straights. Just like every other good road it's often clear, but once in a while you'll get a cop on there.

·
Registered
354 Posts
SalKhan said:
Well I'll give you one leg of the run me and and my buddy do in town. Then I can even ask if he can run you guys through it. From Allentown:

1. 22 West to 100 N.
2. ..........
12. Follow all the way to stop sign, take a right, and you're back on Old 22 heading towards 100!

Like I said this is just part of the run. If I can remember it clearly, I'll throw in the Route 863 part before you get to 143. Also a sweet road.

I recommend only doing it during the day and watch your double-yellow passings and save them for the straights. Just like every other good road it's often clear, but once in a while you'll get a cop on there.
Excellent. Thanks.
Will try it out this week.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
I heard there are some good roads near Hawk Mountain. Anybody have any advice about this location? A friend told me about a road near French Creek State Park. Says it has smooth fairly new pavemet and lots of curves. Can find out what road if anyone is interested.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Hawk Mountain is off of 78 Between Allentown and Hamburg(Cabela's). Really pretty area. Hawk Mountain has lockouts to watch Hawks, Falcons, Eagles, etc. if your in to that. Some nice roads up that way. Some guys I work with ride up that way alot. French Creek State Park is located off of PA 345, south of Birdsboro, Pennsylvania, and north of PA 23. The park is in Berks and Chester Counties. Maybe about an hours ride from Allentown. If your up for a ride I have GPS on the bike so we could just wander around and not worry about getting lost.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts