Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the track crowed seems to be growing on the forum I figured we could use a thread to share our favorite pics from recent or past events. If you have a pic you want to share post up!...I'll start with a few from this month.

Pic taken by a fellow rider going onto the front straight at NJMP - Thunderbolt

Pic taken by SBImages. Been working hard on refining my body position this year.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I'm purchasing some this afternoon, will post when I get them, for now

TWS in May

MSRH in June:

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Got my images from this weekend:

Best Crash Photo:

Others

just a bit more to go until dragging some elbow :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Stamford very excited about going to NJMP in Sept for the first time it looks amazing. TC what's up with the way your holding the grip? I'm sure it's on purpose please explain.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
These are my 2 of my favorites, both at Monticello Motor Club (you are missed!)

Purely show boating for the camera:

Just a cool shot that I like shows the rumble strips and flowers.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Stamford very excited about going to NJMP in Sept for the first time it looks amazing. TC what's up with the way your holding the grip? I'm sure it's on purpose please explain.
Screwdriver grip? Keeps your wrist from getting locked when dropping your elbow so that you can get your upper body down more. Notice Unconnected does it too. Without it, you need extreme lean angles to drag elbow (although, I've not done it yet, getting close)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Great photos every one....keep posting people!

Gofer when you are going? I'll be there saturday-sunday-monday this weekend.

Sharp looking bike Bimmerx
I want to say Sept 22 and 23 with TPM. Just started riding track this year and finally decided to get a few pictures last month.
Might have to try the "screwdriver grip" next time to get down lower, never realized that my wrist might be the culprit.

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Great photos every one....keep posting people!

Gofer when you are going? I'll be there saturday-sunday-monday this weekend.

Sharp looking bike Bimmerx
Thanks! That's my $15 Krylon rattle can special so it's cool when someone compliments the looks. I wanted a design that was carried over from the helmet. It was cheap enough I can play around and change it without feeling too bad :)

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I want to say Sept 22 and 23 with TPM. Just started riding track this year and finally decided to get a few pictures last month.
Might have to try the "screwdriver grip" next time to get down lower, never realized that my wrist might be the culprit.
I have a twin!!
I suggest not reserving much attention to your wrist, but rather to just keep a loose grip in general. Thats how I ended up with that style grip. Though my elbow drag I was intentionally holding the grip lower.
You dont want to be putting any kind of input into the bars at that kind of lean angle.

Loosey goosey

·
Registered
245 Posts
So went for a ride today and played around with rotating my hand forward and down off the grip a little,(screwdriver grip) what a huge difference it makes. First thing I noticed is the shoulder can't help but drop a few inches more than normal. Having more of the torso weight down lower makes it so much easier to tip in and keep it on line. The bike was standing up more in the corners and it was a great feeling, knowing that you could add more gas if you wanted. Kept the grip hand loose like unconnected suggested felt good and in control at all times. Even with a loose grip I felt more locked in to the bike than ever before. Can't wait to get to the track and work on it at speed, thanks fellas.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Yeah, got the new Dainese diggs last year. Love it. New boots last month, too.
Picture was taken by Arcy Kusari of OnTrackMedia (OTM). He's been shooting at the races for a few years now and has been capturing some AMAAAAZING shots lately.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts