Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally haven't seen a good horror flick in quite awhile. So far The Ring has been the only thing that made me jump a bit. Looking for any recommendations...or your personal favs to check out.
As for other 'suspense' I highly recommend the following if you haven't seen them;
12 Monkeys
Donnie Darko
The Big Lebowski (not horror or suspense but pretty hilarious)
Christine
Army of Darkness (Evil Dead series)
:alky

·
Registered
731 Posts
ARMY OF DARKNESS
MUAHAHAHHA
"Ash, houshold sector"

A realy good scary movie is:
-Psycho (the original one, not the remake)

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
Fire&Thunder said:
The Others.
In the mouth of Madness
the others creeped me out....

the first time i watched it i was really tired and kept falling asleep....

i kept waking up and watching and and getting freaked out... hahah

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just saw The Butterfly Effect. Not horror but it was pretty suspenseful.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The Others was wierd....when they were going through those old pictures kinda creepy...

I haven't seen a good horror in a while either...Gothica put me to sleep.
When Darkness Falls is pretty good as far as modern day horrors go. If you liked the Ring you should like this one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah....I've seen all of those except Butterfly Effect. bUBBA hO-tEP was some funny shit though.....best part is when he's doing the karate moves...
Anyone see Dawn of the Dead?...(the new one)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Dawn of the Dead was pretty good but very tame on the gore compared to the older films.

Now you guys got me thinking about AOD. "Shop smart, shop S-mart" :)
The Evil Dead movies rocked.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Identity freaked me out, awesome movie, very weird, lots of good plot twists, I liked it!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I like Identity a lot but I can't say it freaked me out.

Most suspenseful movie I saw would have to still be The 6th Sense. Its tame now but I went into that movie with a sold out crowd and didn't know much about it. Had me on the edge all night long and I was really suprised that it did.

·
Registered
389 Posts
hyryd3r said:
Personally haven't seen a good horror flick in quite awhile. So far The Ring has been the only thing that made me jump a bit. Looking for any recommendations...or your personal favs to check out.
If you liked The Ring you should def check out Dark Water, it was done by the same people who did the original Ring. It's an asian film and long but very creepy.
I hate horror flicks where the "horror" is created by gallons of fake blood and body parts being thrown in front of the camera. The best example of a good horror flick is The Exorcist.. the worst is the Evil Dead series.. they should be classified as gore movies, not horror.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
hey hey hey now, lay off of Evil Dead.....Army of Darkness is awesome, and Bruce Campbell is THE MAN!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I thought the Ring dragged on.. but the part when she came out of the TV with the frame skip was awesomely freaky. Yet another movie I walked into with speculation on if the plot was wasn't real or just some kids fucking with people.

Good movie still.

Evil Dead Series isn't a horror series. Come on naw so stop bashing it as a horror movie.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
The Ring
Motham Prophecis (sp?)
Secret Window (wasn't horror more suspensful)
Gothika (alot of people didn't like it but it was good)

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
The last movie that scared me was Jaws. I still can't really watch that all these years later. I think it was the scene where the kid got eaten (I was just a kid when I saw it myself).

I always expect to be scared and am somehow let down. I hate zombie flicks too. They give me the creeps.

Lately I have been into some of the older stuff. I just got Creature From the Black Lagoon. Not scary, but entertaining.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Check out the Hideaway. It’s a good verses evil kind of movie... not horror, but very good. It is freaky with the cult kind of stuff. I enjoyed the hell out of it when I saw it maybe 7 years ago. Damn if the first Pet Cemetery didn't get me good. I saw it when I was 6, wouldn't feed my dog after dark for 4 months; I was afraid Cage was going to get me!

I love being scared, it just never happens, all the movies are too predictable. The only things that really freak me out are movies involving: cults, the insane, and serial killers. Those people really exist, and do some truly disturbing things.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Max Deutch said:
I hate zombie flicks too.
Speaking of zombie flicks... Did anyone see 28 days later? Its a British movie thats been airing on HBO. Thats one freaky movie. Its about a virus that wipes out all but a few that are trying to stay alive. :eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts