Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I went riding with a group of guys last night and one of them was a master at wheelies. He rode a stand up across a bridge we rode over (1/4 mile) Needless to say I was impressed. He was on an older 900rr. I have an '02 r6. I got my front wheel up that same night for the first time too. Under hard acceleration in first gear. I still can't get the grin off my face. Anyway I don't want to learn to stunt on my r6, which is mint condition with only 3600 miles. I want to get a bike (preferable older and b***** than my r6) and get a cage for it. I want that to learn and stunt on. Which older bike would be the best to stunt on? Honda 900rr? Suzuki 750? Kawasaki? What would you guys look for? I would like it to be fairly easy to learn on, i.e. not a 12o'clock balance point.
Thanks for the suggestions.
LosiRacer

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
I think a lot of stunters prefer the 900rr because it is fairly undestructable and can handle a lot of the abuse that the guys dish out. A lot of the newer bikes are a little lighter weight and won't hold up to all the stresses, just because they're made with all the wieght saving means built into them.

·
Registered
346 Posts
wanna stunt? id say get a honda. those things are built like tanks. 900rr, 929, 954. a lot rock the 900rr cause of its power, strenght, and relative cheapness. but you want something to learn on right? maybe an old f3 or f2 and gear it like -1 +2 or +4 for starters. it will be able to do any stunt a b***** bike can.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping to keep the price in the 4k-4.5k price range. So, an older f3 or f2 with a sprocket swap would be good too? It would be lighter and cheaper than a 900, so would it be easier to learn on? Thanks for everyones imput, I will definatley be rocking a Honda for the stunts.

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
nig said:
http://www.stuntlife.com/bikes.htm

I would ask on their forum too or search, they're the experts.
The only problem with going over there is that most of the guys have gotten asked these kind of questions hundreds of times and so they aren't always the most willing to help out. I'm not saying all of them, but quite a few.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I like my 929

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Honda 900 lineup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
around here where i'm from, the suz. 1000 is the most popular bike but none of them power wheelie at 3200rpm like my 954rr. of course that is considering that i'm talking about bikes with stock gearing like mine.

·
Registered
496 Posts
brentsR6 said:
the bike is only part of the equation, you can stunt on anything really. id say rider ability is more important than the bike, but there are reasons why the popular stunt bikes are popular.
Damn brent we think a lot alike I was just gonna write some thing along those lines! And then add in my gratuities on the 900RR.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whoa, no need to start a flame war, gixxer v. Honda. I appreciate everyones opinions but that's all they are, opinions. I agree any bike is stuntable with the right rider. I was simply inquiring what bike would set me off most successfully. I know they are both capable bikes and each have strengths and weaknesses but are both great stunt bikes,
Thanks guys,
LosiRacer

1 - 20 of 42 Posts