Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 R1 and was just wondering what RPM's do you think makes the best launches. I'm pretty sure every bike is different but what are people's launch RPM's? You know what i'm talking about. RPM's that don't make the bike go out from under you but enough of them not to bog out on the start.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
gab24r1 said:
I have a 2005 R1 and was just wondering what RPM's do you think makes the best launches. I'm pretty sure every bike is different but what are people's launch RPM's? You know what i'm talking about. RPM's that don't make the bike go out from under you but enough of them not to bog out on the start.
Many factors go into selecting a launch rpm. You'll need to see what works best for you.

Best Wishes!

:cheers

·
Drag Race Superstar
63 Posts
gab24r1 said:
On a lowered stock wheelbase 954 I launched just barely above idle. The trick is to get your throttle pinned as soon as possible and slip the clutch the right amount to not spin/wheelie but also not waste time not going anywhere. Take it easy though until you find the right amount of slip.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys i'll find out Sunday what I can do. Keep you guys posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts