Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a 20 year old new rider and am looking to buy a used 2001 f4i. I am shopping around with some insurance providers and am getting some high rates. Progressive wants to charge me $1,286 for the year and allstate (who is my auto provider) wants to charge me $1,600 a year. These quotes are for minimal liability and comprehensive insurance. No collision coverage. My driving record is flawless with no accidents and no tickets. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where would be a good company to go to and get a resonable quotes? I took the motorcycle safety course back in June so I should get some sort of discount no? Also, at what age should the insurance rates drop dramatically? I hear stories about 30-40 year olds paying like $300 a year for full coverage on their sportbikes. Thanks

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Sounds about right. It changes at 25. I hear Bikeline is cheap. Read the stickies in the New Riders forum about starting on a 600cc.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You might look into State Farm as well. They use engine cc's not the type of bike to calculate their rates.

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Also try Gieco's motorcycle insurance. I pay around 400 a year for my R1 full cov.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
yeah, but you're old :p

I have geico too, but I pay a bit more than that.

Country is worth a shot too.

We love friggin insurance threads.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Talk to Thor Armstrong at Country Insurance. I am 23 now, and pay $375 a year, full coverage. They will want you to move your car over there though. But their car rates aren't bad either. Overall, it saved me some cash.

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
4 Posts
I made the switch to Country also... Im paying $470 a year for full coverage, comp/collision 500$ deductible - the whole nine yards, and they keep theyre coverages above the nevada minimums of $15K-$30K-$15K. They are the cheapest Ive seen for bike insurance. Oh, and Im 24 as well.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hopefully Ben won't see this thread.

·
Registered
529 Posts
evildead said:
Exactly :)

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How has everyone experiences with country insurance? Are they good to deal with when collecting on a claim? Will they drop you if you get into an accident? Anything else maybe?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Stang1075 said:
How has everyone experiences with country insurance? Are they good to deal with when collecting on a claim? Will they drop you if you get into an accident? Anything else maybe?
I haven't had a claim with them, but when I tried their insurance i got a great rate on my bike, but each month there was an increas on my auto insurance. It got ridiculous, and I couldn't get anyone to call me back as to why it was happening.

Brad filed a claim with them when he totaled his bike. They were pretty good about it, but they were asking about $2000 buyback for his f41. THat's a pretty insane price considering the condition it was in. It was about 2 months ago and they still haven't paid out on the claim- something goofy with the title. I don't know if it was his credit union or country that caused the holdup. I'm not sure what's going to happen to his rate now- the accident was entirely his fault.

He also had Country when we got hit by the drunk stripper. I haven't heard anything from Country, but alstate's been good so far. He should get his truck back next week.

·
Registered
842 Posts
evildead said:

aw hell man im outta gas on this s$%t. Its inevitable i guess. were never gonna get past it. i shall read these posts till i die i suppose. i will never win the war against insurance threads. its a battle i must let go.

Ben against insurance threads

Ben - 0

Insurance threads - 999999999 million gajillion

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Supermandy says that each month country insurance increased her auto insurance rate... Anyone else see this increase as well with your own and possibly now why this occurs?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Stang1075 said:
Supermandy says that each month country insurance increased her auto insurance rate... Anyone else see this increase as well with your own and possibly now why this occurs?
I have had them a year, and never had an increase. But then, I pay my insurance 6 months in advance on my car, and a year on my bike. Dunno if that has anything to do with it or not.

- Ice_Hole

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
I use state farm and pay $89 a month on an '03 VFR, full coverage. This is a 30 y/o with a clean record. I don't think $100 a month for your age group is really that outrageous but maybe country will give you better.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I sold the truck I had covered under country. So I called them to cancel that. I was just waitin for them to give me greif over havein a bike with them, and no car (Which is what my agent told me they wanted. You to carry both through them). I called, told them I sold the truck, and within 30 seconds I was off the phone, and they were refunding me my money. Ohh, and no hold time calling their national number. Just call, tell them what I want, and bam it is done. And no bitchin about havein the motorcycle alone with no other vehicles. So I got no complaints.

- Ice_Hole

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
I have country Ins as well. Love em. No problems, no rate increases....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts