Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a new detector for the ZX-12R. Don't want to spend 300+ for a top-o-the-line job from Valentine One. I specifically specified "< $100 " so that I don't feel too bad if I loose it due to theft, weather, or a wreck.

So.... Any input would be very good. Gotta get one this weekend, before an expensive ticket comes my way.

THANKS !

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
hmmmmm here's a something that will save you $100.00 slow down! :) and that's free!!! can't get any better then that. :) :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Any detector that is less than a hundred bucks will probably get you into more trouble. Something that cheap will not be sensitive enough to give you enough time to slow down. Then, if you get pulled over, the cop will be less likely to cut you a break seeing the detector.

That said, I think the Uniden and Cobra detectors are in your price range. I have an old Uniden detector that I only use in my cage. In certain areas (more wide open), I get a decent amount of warning; however, most of the time I just use it for figuring out whether or not the cop I just passed had his radar on. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
japbike said:
hmmmmm here's a something that will save you $100.00 slow down! :) and that's free!!! can't get any better then that. :) :)
No shit!

other than that sentiment....how much will a ticket cost if you get caught? probably more than 3 bills so stop being a cheapskate and get a good detector if you really need one....or leave the speeding for the track.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts