Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of where to get the best price for front and rear pilot powers? wife keeps bitch'n at me to get new tires cause i patched the rear 5 months ago. not too worried about it, my brother-in-law patched his and rode it all the way till it had cord showing. but i dont want to chance it. dealer wanted around 400 but damn thats a lot. found it at competition accessories for 210 but not sure of shipping. dont know if i could find them cheaper than that. how hard to change them?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
swmototires.com has good prices, between the major internet sellers it's only a few bucks you'll save. Um...changing them...I'd pay somebody if you have to ask.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I guess I'm kinda lucky then ..... I've been going to the same bike shop for some time now (over 1.5 years) and I get the majority of my stuff from them, They know me as soon as I walk in.
When I got new tires a few weeks ago I looked them up online and got the best price. Went to the shop to order the tires but didn't say anything about the price I found online. The guy asked me what price he was looking at cause he knew I researched it. I ended up paying about $20 more a tire at the local shop then the cheapest place I found online :cheers Now thats customer service!!!
Guess thats probably why I keep going back there, establish a good relationship with the local shop and it works out for both you and them.

O yeah, part of getting a good deal on the tires themselves was I was having the shop install them as well.

·
Registered
251 Posts
See if you have a Cycle Gear store in your town...they often have tire sales that will beat most online deals. That's how I found my Pilot Powers, during a one day sale. Apparently, those types of sales happen quite often. Other than that, I've noticed that RonAyers.com has good prices and tires are something that they don't delay too much.

·
Registered
157 Posts
+1 on cyclegear. Around here you have to take the wheels in seperatly.
Also, you can by a road hazard warrantee cheap. I think it's something like this:

10% of the original cost of the tire buys the insurance called motorguard. it covers the 1st 25% of the tread (measured in the center) against nails, staples, etc and if you pick one up you get a free tire. after that the tire is prorated anywhere from 0-80% of the cost towards a new tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts