Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up, This is my first post I'm onbviously a newbie and im looking for a first bike. I got my mind set on a sv650s i was wondering where is the best place to look for these. I want one 2000-2003 i checked ebay they only got 11. Any Suggestions will be helpful. Thanks

-Jon

·
Registered
343 Posts
well check your local shop... down here in Cali the closest shop still has about 8 '03s (they ordered way to many) but they have Cali spec's.. so they're down 5hp at least... but I'm an Oregon Resident and they don't have any... so check arround... usually you can find them pritty cheep... I think the local shop is advertising '03s SV650s for $5,500 out the door... good luck man... and good choice on bikes :D

:cheers

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im in NY theres a couple shops around here. They wouldnt have anything less then a 2003 rite? I really dont wana buy a bike off of ebay so im stuck with whats in the local shops and classifieds.

·
Registered
343 Posts
They might have something older but only if they carry used bikes... I can't see you finding any new 02's out there :lol but the looks of the bike did change in 03... some like the old better... not me I like the 03-04's but I'm sure you could find a good 02 SVs in the classifides... they're quite common out here... also check out some Sv sites... like... svrider.com and check the classifides on there. Just figure out if you want the newer body or older... oh were you looking for the SVS or SV?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Try and get an 04. You can get an 04 out the door for 6 flat with 99 bucks a month finance deal through Suzuki. So why bother with 5.5k for the old model? New one has fuel injection, new frame, new looks, etc. It trumps the old one in every way. Go new.

·
Registered
343 Posts
BadNatured said:
Try and get an 04. You can get an 04 out the door for 6 flat with 99 bucks a month finance deal through Suzuki. So why bother with 5.5k for the old model? New one has fuel injection, new frame, new looks, etc. It trumps the old one in every way. Go new.
the only diffrence between the 03's and the 04's is seat hight... in 04 it was lowered a little... other than that they are identical... the big change your talking about came between 02 and 03....
and is that 6 flat out the door?.. you know with Tax, licensing, and all the other shit they like to fuck ya with :leghump but yeah if you could get an 04 for 6 out the door GO FOR IT!... I got mine for 6600 with the lower fairing installed (an extra 400)

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey ebbs.. how do you like the bike? Is it decently fast and does it corner well?

·
Registered
558 Posts
you don't want to buy a brand new bike for a first bike.. you will drop it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
dubbs693 said:
hey ebbs.. how do you like the bike? Is it decently fast and does it corner well?
Hell yeah it's fast... I've scared the shit outta myself a couple times coming from a light and get a little to heavy on the throttle... and it corner's great as far as I can tell... but truth be told it's my first bike... and so I'm not using 50% of it's potental shit probably not even 20% but see if you can get a shop arround you to give ya a test ride... and if you don't mind the lower clip-on's go with the SVS the windshield is priceless... my friend has a 03 SV and damn... it sux... same with the lower fairing... (I like the naked bikes but I think the SVS looks better with the lower fairing... IMO) I'll attach a pic... not my bike... but still the SVS with a lower fairing :drool

Attachments

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yea that thing looks hot with the lower fairing. I think ill go shopping for a 2004 in the winter, then maybe i can walk out paying 6g for it

edit* o yea they also upped the hp to 75 for the '03 model

·
Registered
343 Posts
dubbs693 said:
yea that thing looks hot with the lower fairing. I think ill go shopping for a 2004 in the winter, then maybe i can walk out paying 6g for it

edit* o yea they also upped the hp to 75 for the '03 model
I did not know that... cool ;)

anyways... good luck with getting your bike... let me know how it goes... Oh... one more thing... I've heard that the best time to buy a bike is in Sept... and the second best time is in December before Xmas... the sales are outragous...

:cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts