Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
The dealer... Support your local community... Froogle.com is pretty good for all sorts of things. Type in the type of tire you want... For example: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=Dunlop+D208

EDIT* - Also check out the vendors of SBN - they are usually offering several discounts, and misc. discounts all the time.

Also RideGear.com has coupons on couponmonkey.com but to make it easy:
Coupon Code
RCYCLE10 = $10.00 off purchases of $100+
RCYCLE20 = $20.00 off purchases of $200+
RCYCLE30 = $30.00 off purchases of $300+
And free shipping on on orders more than $149

Don't quote me on these, but do your research and you will find the right deal.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
What do you do if your local dealers won't install tires purchased elsewhere, but ony sell tires at MSRP? Back in Colorado Springs, Apex Sports would discount tires even lower than internet prices, so I had no problem supporting the local dealer. But her in Louisiana, full price tires and $50/tire to mount.

How hard is it really to mount your own, and does it affect your warranty? I've seen some instructions on SBN or linked from here.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
What oober said. Keep the small business alive! The larger corporations will thrive regardless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:
What do you do if your local dealers won't install tires purchased elsewhere, but ony sell tires at MSRP? Back in Colorado Springs, Apex Sports would discount tires even lower than internet prices, so I had no problem supporting the local dealer. But her in Louisiana, full price tires and $50/tire to mount.

How hard is it really to mount your own, and does it affect your warranty? I've seen some instructions on SBN or linked from here.

Since your location says "near an airforce base" and you said you're in Louisiana, I'm guessing you're in Shreveport. I had the same problem with dealers. A rear tire cost me 250 by the time they were done. There's a place on Youree Dr. called Cycle Salvage or somthing like that. They'll mount whatever you bring them. They'll also patch tires if you get a flat. I think they charge about 20 bucks. Go north on youree from kings and it's on your right.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Bigeyedfish said:
Since your location says "near an airforce base" and you said you're in Louisiana, I'm guessing you're in Shreveport. I had the same problem with dealers. A rear tire cost me 250 by the time they were done. There's a place on Youree Dr. called Cycle Salvage or somthing like that. They'll mount whatever you bring them. They'll also patch tires if you get a flat. I think they charge about 20 bucks. Go north on youree from kings and it's on your right.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I was gonna try to build the mounting and balancing rigs in my garage, but if I can get it done that cheaply, then I'll pass.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:
Its not that hard to do. It is a 2 man job though. Me and 4 other guys went in together and bought all the stuff we need......about $285 worth. We got a nice bead breaker from Jcwhitney.com, a few tire irons, old steel rim, wheel wieghts and this wheel balancer http://www.webbikeworld.com/Reviewed-motorcycle-products/balancer/

We basically follow the directions the link nig posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts