Sport Bikes banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
CIAO SuperSic....
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for some sites or A site with track day dates and info. I know theres a relatively cheap one coming up i cant go to. but i want to still get any info on upcoming ones.

Im looking for prices, dates, and other stuff like which tracks let you rent gear or use there bike =).

[email protected]!!!

im in cali btw!

·
Gap runner
800 Posts
Take a look at the schedule for the track you are interested in. Find a club that has it scheduled already and look them up and start checking out what they offer.

·
sacrilicious
752 Posts
ooooooo, she said it. I really do love those guys at Sportbike track time. They really offer the most for the least ammount of crap. Nesba is another good one, but I just get a better feeling with STT

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Keigwin does a few days at Buttonwillow. Lance and company put on GREAT track days. You do get what you pay for. Don't know about gear rental, but ask him.

http://www.keigwin.com/

Keith Code also does a great job and you can use their bikes. More $ though. Some dates at Streets of Willow.

http://www.superbikeschool.com/

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I normally use NESBA

·
Lost in the pickle matrix
1,544 Posts
NESBA definately rocks, but they don't go anywhere near CA.

STT has a very structured novice group that wasn't a lot of fun for me. You play follow the leader and don't get much if any control rider feedback because they are in front of you almost all day. Take this for what its worth becuase when I rode with STT it was my second track day and it was at Road America which really doesn't lend itself well to STT's drills.

Maybe at a different track i'd have a differnet feeling about STT.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Only recently?

I stay in that condition, even if I just had one last weekend. :biggrinag

·
1,544 Posts
I beieve the technical term is track pipe. Hit it once and you are hooked.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
You are correct. And I've had 8 hits from the track pipe in a little less than a year. :D

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts
I took one hit a year and a half ago and I still have a monkey on my back! If it weren't for being so damned responsible, I would easily have a habit. It's only been 10 years since I quit racing off-road, so I clearly remember how much I dumped into that track-pipe every year. If I could only hit the damned lottery.........fack!

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Hey, I am responsible! I work my ass off so I can spend my money on track days! :D

The initial expense was pretty crazy, leathers, boots, back protector, and then all the things to make trip and the stay at the track easier: canopies (2), tent, sleeping bags, electric blanket and small heater for when it's cold. And a trailer (modified to haul two bikes and a load of shit), and then I decided I had to buy a truck. Some things I already had as far as gear, coolers, chairs, a rear stand (had to buy a front one though). Having an in-house tech really helps.

As far as ongoing expenses, I don't really go through tires any faster than normal, b/c I stopped street riding as often as I used to, since I started doing track days. All other maintenance is about the same, except I change my oil more often now.

But it's well worth the investment, as far as I'm concerned. It means I take a mini vacation every 6 weeks or so (ideally) doing something I love as much as having sex (and how many people can truthfully say that?), and this helps keeps me happy and sane. :)

·
CIAO SuperSic....
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ive always wanted to do a track day. I love twisties and getting a knee down on a track is something i want to accomplish. I just have to save up some cash for all the gear. Too bad street gear doesnt count =X

·
1,544 Posts
I'm lucky I got my house and got rid of my credit cards before I started riding track or i'd be in huge trouble! I've already sold everything I don't use on e-bay to help fund the track day addiction.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
TELLY said:
ive always wanted to do a track day. I love twisties and getting a knee down on a track is something i want to accomplish. I just have to save up some cash for all the gear. Too bad street gear doesnt count =X

I wear my "track gear" on the street too. The only thing I don't use on the street is the back protector. I just put the foam one that came with the jacket back in it for street riding.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts