Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 ZZR600 and i am wondering what everyone found to be the best mods for the bike. I am currently in the us army in afghanistan, so i have money to through at the bike. please let me know what you think.

·
How You Ride? "BIG TYME"
225 Posts
Firekrome38 said:
I just bought a 2007 ZZR600 and i am wondering what everyone found to be the best mods for the bike. I am currently in the us army in afghanistan, so i have money to through at the bike. please let me know what you think.
Man, depends on if your into looks or performance mods. If it's looks, then one of the best mods will be to get rid of the rear mud flap with either a undertail kit or elimination kit.

If money is no concern, look into an aftermarket rear shock, especially if your into track days. That by far would be one of the best performance mods you can make to the ZZR. IMHO.

Thank you for Serving and Protecting the good ole USA. :)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Not to thread jack but is it worth it to pick up a rear shock from a zx6 (00-02)? Or is there a better reasonable alternative in the aftermarket?

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Got money? Buy an upgradable rider... Get leathers & do some trackdays. The bike is incredibly capable in stock form, you just have to learn how to get the most out of what you've already got. Not only does it make YOU faster (which makes any bike you throw a leg over faster) but it also it makes you safer. I see so many slowpokes at the track w/ fancy 600's & literbikes w/ thousands of dollars in mods & here I am passing them on my race bike w/ 50 whopping HP.

ps, the shock from an 00-02 zx6r is no different than the one you've already got. It's the same bike just w/ a different name.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Oreo, I hear 'ya and you’re 100% correct on rider vs bike. Funny thing is that on the car forums I’m active on it’s exactly the same advice as I give. Having done a good number of DE’s and track days and tons of auto-X I’m sure this is just as true here as it is on 4 wheels - actually most likely more so on a bike. But being a grease monkey at heart the “mod bug” is never far away. It’s sort of like I have a nice new shiny toy and I need to mess with it, hard thing to get over, especially when it’s pouring rain out and it’s just sitting in the garage looking back at me.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Performance:
Ignition advancer
Shim carb needles or jet kit if upgrading with full exhaust
Slip on can or full exhaust - Yosh RS3 seems to be the popular choice
K&N filter

Cosmetics:
Gas cap cover
Triple tree cover
Remove rear mudflap
flush mount front signals
mini or integrated rear signals

Functional:
New windscreen (double-bubble, etc)
Frame sliders
Swingarm spools
Throttle grips
Bar ends (some claim less vibe with heavier ones)

Just what I see people typically doing to our bikes. From the posts in other threads, the ignition advancer gives the most bang for the buck. The Euro ECUs are a gamble, but most seem to report HP gains. They are hard to find, aren't cheap and may not buy you anything. The advancer on the other hand is simple to install, runs less than $60 and will give more umph in the mid RPMs.

Check out some of ZZRRocket's posts - he has a huge list of mods that you may find helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Performance:
Ignition advancer
Shim carb needles or jet kit if upgrading with full exhaust
Slip on can or full exhaust - Yosh RS3 seems to be the popular choice
K&N filter

Cosmetics:
Gas cap cover
Triple tree cover
Remove rear mudflap
flush mount front signals
mini or integrated rear signals

Functional:
New windscreen (double-bubble, etc)
Frame sliders
Swingarm spools
Throttle grips
Bar ends (some claim less vibe with heavier ones)

Just what I see people typically doing to our bikes. From the posts in other threads, the ignition advancer gives the most bang for the buck. The Euro ECUs are a gamble, but most seem to report HP gains. They are hard to find, aren't cheap and may not buy you anything. The advancer on the other hand is simple to install, runs less than $60 and will give more umph in the mid RPMs.

Check out some of ZZRRocket's posts - he has a huge list of mods that you may find helpful.
for performance, would you recommend no exhaust on the stock head pipes? or should i just gut the stock ones and cut them down, i'm kinda broke. also instead of a jet kit do you think i could get away with just jetting each carb individually, I'm coming from wrenching on dirtbikes and rebuilding them but streetbikes are a whole new animal. thanks,River

1 - 7 of 7 Posts