Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, back to riding after far too long of a hiatus and I was hoping to gain some insight into intercom systems. In the next few months Ill be picking up some new gear for the girlfriend and I and Im trying to get a bluetooth intercom system, that we can also sync phones up to for music. After reading reviews Ive seen the common complaint that most inner helmet speaker systems have fairly poor sound quality particularly at speed.

anyone have a comm system that allows for duplex communication that they would suggest? How is the sound quality?

also, certain reviews I have read indicate that some helmets are just not suited to have comm systems adapted, what helmet(s) are you running your comm systems with?

Thanks for the responses!

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
**the great thing about today's helmets is that they all have removable cheek pads, making speaker installation soooo easy**

Having said that, I have a Chatterbox system hooked up to my HJC CL17 Streamline. The helmet has great ear space and the speakers are a perfect fit. I have Bluetooth capability to listen to music and also take phone calls if I choose to. The system also has intercom/helmet to other helmet capability. Highly recommend.

There's also Bluetooth ready helmets with everything installed. So, I would try on different helmets to see what fits you and what you like. If you go with a Chattterbox/Senna/whatever system, check out the ear space of the helmet you choose to see if a little speaker could fit without issues.

And, I never thought about it, but I wonder if there's an ear speaker upgrade that can be purchased?

·
the joke is in your hand
8,588 Posts
I was surprised to see ear pad pods inside of most helmets. even race helmets lately. I however have never used a system in them. but my shoei RF1200 has pockets for them and the instructions show how to connect the systems to the helmet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haven't been on here for a while...

You sure you want to listen to her chit chat while you need to focus on riding? :eek:nfloor JK
Anyway... as others say... you can put com systems in just about any helmet now. Which system you chose is a personal preference since they all are more or less compatible with bluetooth, or other systems for different uses. From what I heard from people that have some, they are mostly satisfied with just about any system they have tried so far. It really comes down to reading reviews and then make up your mind what features are important to you.
Good luck finding one you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts