Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have covers for the FZ6 - anyone have any opinions on the best ones out there?

Any BTDT appreciated...

-Jeff

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yamaha FX6 Cover

I got the Yamaha cover from the FZ6 accessories catalog.

I looked at a lot of "generic" covers. They were all cheaper, but felt rough inside (where the paint goes) and did not fit well at all - not well cut to fit over the mirrors.

The Yamaha accessory cover says FZ6 on front and sides, so if you need to hide your bike in some NSG neighborhood, this is an advertisement of what's under the cover.

Fits great, waterproof, breathable (I think).

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I have a cheap Kimpex cover that fits well enough and hasn't harmed the finish on the bike that I can tell. It seems to do a decent job waterproofing and it has breathers that you can velcro shut at the ears where the mirrors are and heat resistant lower panels...

It was like 50 CDN... can't really complain.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
VT-Rider said:
I got the Yamaha cover from the FZ6 accessories catalog.

I looked at a lot of "generic" covers. They were all cheaper, but felt rough inside (where the paint goes) and did not fit well at all - not well cut to fit over the mirrors.

The Yamaha accessory cover says FZ6 on front and sides, so if you need to hide your bike in some NSG neighborhood, this is an advertisement of what's under the cover.

Fits great, waterproof, breathable (I think).
I like my Yamaha cover as well, but it's not good for heavily trafficed areas as it is quite the billboard.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a Dowco Guardian(?) cover. Fits well with mirrors either folded or unfolded. Good ventilation too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Dowco cover. It fits better with the mirrors folded. Be careful if you store it outside, when the wind blows, the cover moves and it marred my tank a bit. I put a towel on the tank now. The bike stays dry in the wet and you can put the cover on when the bike is still warm. Overall, I'm satisfied.
BTW, I bought a large cover....

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
VT-Rider said:
I think I've mentioned this before in a thread on this exact same topic (please use search), but if you don't want it to get stolen then get one that says SV650 on it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
+1 on the "nondescript" cover, advertising what's under the cover is generally thought of as not anti-theft for some models.

Just to follow up, here's the Aerostich Ultralight cover (bad angle, but it does cover all):

1 - 12 of 12 Posts