Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been riding for 2+ years now and make it a point to be responsible as possible, when the situation calls for it. never laid any bikes down and never got pulled over...until today. i was trying to get on base, but the guard says my jacket isnt bright enough. i needed to get to work, so i decide to zoom down to a local store and get a bright t-shirt to put over my gear. on my way down, i spot a moto-cop on the side of the road. he hits his lights and i immediately pull over. he was real cool and i wasnt a dick to him. he informed me that i was going 102 in a 40. normally, i guess, thats reckless. he realized there are no cars on this road and tells me that i can go with just a ticket since i am only endangering myself. $388 bucks. is there anything i should know or do? i'll take my lumps like a man. its not like i ran or anything, why endanger 2 riders. am i pretty screwed? im sure if i wasnt wearing my full get-up or done something else stupid, he would have taken me to jail.

·
Registered
791 Posts
LOLOLOL $400. a lawyer would want $200 court fees included (atleast in this state) so i'd go that route.

·
Registered
839 Posts
102 in a 40? I cant believe he didnt do anything. getting caught going over the speed linit up here by 40km\hr means a suspended license and a big ticket. if this is the truth, pay it and dont be stupid next time

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what im thinking. i didnt even wait for him to get behind me. i knew i was in the wrong and pulled over and took off my helmet. he had every right to impound my bike and take me to jail. having a good attitude with cops is always a good start. i even appologized. good thing im not required to have insurance, or it would cost me.
just trying to see if there is a way to pay a little less.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the cop told me i could get a defferal, or try to. it cost 200 bucks, but its unlikely doing 2.5 time the speed limit. guess ill be waiting for that new exhaust...

·
Registered
61 Posts
SnookayDCC said:
LOLOLOL $400. a lawyer would want $200 court fees included (atleast in this state) so i'd go that route.

Wow, only $200? about 4 years ago when I got a ticket I paid about $800 for a lawyer, and the cheapest I saw anywhere was $500, but I didn't trust them as much.

·
Registered
791 Posts
wow u actually paid a theif (traffic lawyer) $800. I've had many tickets 5+. I've sat around in court listening to how these lawyers handle it. Say ur speed was 70 in a 55. They tell the judge, "he pleads guilty to 64 in a 55." Which is basically a PFJ. anytime i plead guilty the judge always drops my speed to 9 over the limit. I've also used 2 PFJs. and even with those u have to pay court cost.

I've called lawyers before and they said they can do their BEST to keep me from getting points. Nothing definent.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
102 in a 40 and you're complaining about a $388 ticket. Youre lucky to still have your license. Pay the ticket and quit whining like a lil bitch. :bitchslap

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GixxerJRG said:
Pay the ticket and quit whining like a lil bitch. :bitchslap
done.

now im gonna get my sprockets put on in the morning and have some fun tomorrow night. i had to get it outta my system.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Get a lawyer and don't post shit like that on here bro, everybody is just going to talk shit unnecessarily without helping you.

·
13 motorsports
742 Posts
GixxerJRG said:
102 in a 40 and you're complaining about a $388 ticket. Youre lucky to still have your license. Pay the ticket and quit whining like a lil bitch. :bitchslap
wow, that seems a bit harsh. i think i've made a mistake or two(thousand) in my life before.

and for the record i didn't hear any whining.

hey dude, how is it that you aren't required to have insurance?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
04zx6r said:
wow, that seems a bit harsh. i think i've made a mistake or two(thousand) in my life before.

and for the record i didn't hear any whining.

hey dude, how is it that you aren't required to have insurance?
Yeh everybody makes mistakes and I could be just as guilty of similar things....but he was pulled over for going OVER 100 in a 40 mph zone and he got away with only a ticket. He should consider himself lucky. I would in this situation.

·
13 motorsports
742 Posts
GixxerJRG said:
Yeh everybody makes mistakes and I could be just as guilty of similar things....but he was pulled over for going OVER 100 in a 40 mph zone and he got away with only a ticket. He should consider himself lucky. I would in this situation.
point conceded

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Try to work out a deal with the court system that you pay the fine+court costs and attend traffic school to keep it off your license. First offense they will likely offer it to you especially if you have a clean driving history. At least your being a man and taking it and I can understand trying to save a few bucks...good luck bro.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would send them all a thank-you card with the payment and try to go to traffic school! Seems like you did well already for 62 mph over the limit, congratulations.

·
Registered
214 Posts
GixxerJRG said:

Whatever you do, don't listen to people like GixxerJRG. Plead NOT guilty and hope for the best.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts