Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So right now I been through 2 interviews with a music royalty company in Hollywood and they have invited me to do a 3 day trial period to see if everything works out. I'm pretty confident what I have been doing at my current work will translate well into this job because it's a small office that works with high profile clients in entertainment. My current work is a small office who's clients are big name companies in ammunition such as Remington and I process alot of their orders. Some big ones are Black Eyed Peas and Britney Spears to name a few.

Anyways, I will finally be making having my own place a very close possibility and that means I can finally buy a motorcycle!

So what kind of bike would be good for the busy streets of LA? Something that can cruise on the freeway, but nimble enough to lane split when the traffic starts hitting hard.

I'm still interested in the Ninja 650r, many people love that bike and talked to an owner and says he loves it. And that it is nimble and easy to park. But also interested in the scooter route something like a Suzuki Burgman or Honda Forza because of the need to not shift. I thought not having to shift may come in handy when it comes to alot of stop and go traffic, but don't know how fun it will be when there's an open road or twisty canyon road.

Anyways let me know your thoughts of riding in the LA area or any major city location. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
a bus.
cause you'll be making just enough to afford a pass for one.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Los Angeles is a very bad place to be learning to ride.

a) Take the MSF course.
b) Get a 250 ninja or 300 ninja.
c) Get proper gear.
d) Learn and practice riding in low traffic areas or out of the city for a few thousand miles.

THEN you can think about commuting in LA.
At which point the 250 or 300 Ninja will still be a very good choice for that.

PhilB

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Dude get a busa theyre so easy to park, super stable. Plus you can stay in first gear all the time, won't have to mess with the ghey shifter. You drive that Beemer so fast you'll be a natural, just don't try any track days they're hard and boring

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
This crap again? What happened to Hustler? How about you actually GET a job, move out of mommy and daddys house, and get money for a bike THEN come to us with this crap. Regardless the answer is gonna be the same. Start small.

And for the record, at your experience level it's not the bike that's the issue, it's you. Take PhilB's advise if you wanna keep annoying us for a long time to come.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This crap again? What happened to Hustler? How about you actually GET a job, move out of mommy and daddys house, and get money for a bike THEN come to us with this crap. Regardless the answer is gonna be the same. Start small.

And for the record, at your experience level it's not the bike that's the issue, it's you. Take PhilB's advise if you wanna keep annoying us for a long time to come.
That's what I'm doing, getting a job. And I'm lucky this is a job I can feel great to talk about if ppl ask me "what I'm doing now".

Hustler didn't work out so I kept applying. Already did 2 interviews and they want me back for a 3 day trial period. The work is similar to what I already do so they liked that a lot.

Probably get to meet many artists through this job. Or help then out ensure they get their royalties so they can buy a nice car. But I dunno why you guys are hating so much, I'm working my ass off to get the motorcycle. I'm over the M3 it feels like my dad's car than mine so don't care anymore.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
So right now I been through 2 interviews with a music royalty company in Hollywood and they have invited me to do a 3 day trial period to see if everything works out. I'm pretty confident what I have been doing at my current work will translate well into this job because it's a small office that works with high profile clients in entertainment. My current work is a small office who's clients are big name companies in ammunition such as Remington and I process alot of their orders. Some big ones are Black Eyed Peas and Britney Spears to name a few.

Anyways, I will finally be making having my own place a very close possibility and that means I can finally buy a motorcycle!

So what kind of bike would be good for the busy streets of LA? Something that can cruise on the freeway, but nimble enough to lane split when the traffic starts hitting hard.

I'm still interested in the Ninja 650r, many people love that bike and talked to an owner and says he loves it. And that it is nimble and easy to park. But also interested in the scooter route something like a Suzuki Burgman or Honda Forza because of the need to not shift. I thought not having to shift may come in handy when it comes to alot of stop and go traffic, but don't know how fun it will be when there's an open road or twisty canyon road.

Anyways let me know your thoughts of riding in the LA area or any major city location. Thanks!

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Another good option would be a Kawasaki ZX-14.

·
Skid Mark
1,294 Posts
best bike ever made...

s3aturnr

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
That's what I'm doing, getting a job.
And you dont have it yet, nor have you moved out of mommys basement. Getting an interview is not the same thing. Most of the people on this board have real jobs and make their own money and have a place to live. It's fucking annoying reading you blather on and on about some dumb job none of us give two shits about that you dont even have yet.

Go away and come back when you're actually a productive part of society and are ready to buy something.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
You may get hired, but once they get to know you, you'll be fired.

Reactions: mpusch and stnkbg1
1 - 16 of 16 Posts