Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone, I was debating this at work with a few people.

We were basicly discussing which athlete, right now, is the best athlete in the world, in their respective sport??

Basicly, which athlete is the most dominant athlete in the world??

My vote goes to Lance Armstrong. The guy simply refuses to lose. He's a competitor, and gets it done when he needs to. Nobody in bicycling currently seems to be anywhere near the level of competition that Lance is at.

I would say that the Williams sisters WERE up there, until recently. Same with Tiger Woods. But for right now, Lance is the man.

·
Banned
245 Posts
the black guy, ron something who weight lifts, hes one bad ass mofo

i dont think baseball has much competition. basketball or football where everyone has a equal chance to give 120%.

those enduro bicycle races are badass. The training has to be intense just to be able to keep those long paces.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ronnie Coleman is the bodybuilder you're thinking of.

I think the most dominate athlete BY FAR in any sport right now is Ricky Carmichael in motocross. In 2002 he won 24 out of 24 motos. In 2003 he won 22 out of 24 motos. He hasn't lost yet this year either. That is unhead of in racing.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
I tend to agree with Lance Armstrong. Bicycle racers are some of the most physically fit people there are. There's no other sport where you can physically drain yourself to the point that you can't stand after getting done with your event.
On bikes you can because it's holding you up. You can actually go beyond the point of normal endurance on a bike because it's supporting you. Tour De France riders on some of the uphill routes will need support after a leg of the race because there legs don't have enough strength to support there own weight after a grueling stage.

And Motocrossers are some of the toughest athelets there are. They take a beating worse than a UFC fighter does in every 45 minute moto and have to do it 3 times a day sometimes.... :eek:

Fighters and boxers are ghey, they have a doctor and a guy standing by to stop them from getting hurt too bad, a motocrosser doesn't have that option when they case a 160 foot triple. No guy will jump out and stop him from breaking his back when he cases it..... :eek:

Marathoners are also badass, they swim 20 miles run 26 and do a 100 mile bike race! The Ironman is a double marathon, those doods are hard as steel. There some of the ones that need help walking after getting off the bike alot of the time.... Thats pretty frikken hard core to push yourself so hard that you can't even stand up after a event...

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
I'm guessing that 99% of the people won't have any idea what or who I'm talking aobut, but Rob Smets is a rodeo bullfighter and is without a doubt the best that possibly has ever lived. He is a 5 time World Champion Bullfighter, which is the most championships than any other. Some people comment about Lance Armstrong coming back from battleing cancer which is a great feat, but just as impressive is Rob Smets coming back after having his neck brocken not once, but twice from getting run over by bulls. Plus he's had so many other sports related injurys, like many various broken bones, cracked and broken ribs, teeth knocked out, dislocated, shoulders, torn legiments, and just about any other injury that you can imagine, and yet he is still at the top of his game after coming back from all that.

Most people who have never really seen rodeo bullriding and bullfighting up close might have a hard time understanding just how rough, dangerous, sometimes deadly, and physically demanding the sport is. I guarantee getting run over by a bull weighing anywhere from 1500-2000+ pounds, can easily leave you in a world of hurt. And for Rob Smets to still be at the top of his game after 25 or so years, is why he gets my vote as one of the best athletes out there. This guy is 44 years old and can still take a hit that would leave most grown men lying in a ball on the ground crying for their mommies, and he get's up shakes it off, and keeps doing his job one bull after another. This guy is truely amazing.

·
Banned
730 Posts
cole said:
I think the most dominate athlete BY FAR in any sport right now is Ricky Carmichael in motocross. In 2002 he won 24 out of 24 motos. In 2003 he won 22 out of 24 motos. He hasn't lost yet this year either. That is unhead of in racing.
Bubba Stewart is gonna make Ricky his bitch. Just watch.
:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
vuu16v said:
Bubba Stewart is gonna make Ricky his bitch. Just watch.
:)
We'll see. He was passed by Stephan Roncada in round 1 this year several times. Bubba is unreal but so is Ricky. Right now, I think it could go either way next year.

It doesn't matter anyway because Alessi is going to make Bubba his bitch in a year or two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts