Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i been lookin for a 600 cc sportbike for a while, and i had my eyes on the r6 and the yzf600r for a while, but the honda cbr600 and the suzuki gsxr 600 are growing on me, and i was just wondering if the r6 would be the best choice or not.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Get on a few, check out the ergos. Look at insurance, color schemes, machine price, potential resale values, reliability/issues with each.

Not one is better than the other. They're all pretty much the same.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i figured, another reason why i was looking at the others is because a kid at my work just got an r6 and i dont want to be a "copycat" and get the exact bike he did just after he got it.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
thats a loaded question pretty much, as has already been said they are all pretty close. the YZF600R is a step below the others you mentioned, but a capable bike also. as close as the 600 SS bikes are, its pretty much gonna come down to ergonomics and appearance.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
thats what i figured, another reason why i was looking at the others is because a kid at my work just got an r6 and i dont want to be a "copycat" and get the exact bike he did just after he got it.
Don't base your purchase on what someone else has because someone out there will ALWAYS have the same bike as you.

The R6 doesn't just come in one color.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZxHunteR said:
the 636 ofcourse!

Didnt someone tell you the green ones always go faster? :p

i cant seem want something that looks like i just pulled it out of my nose! lol J/K, i do like kawi, but i just hate that color green, and i havent seen them in any other color, thats why i really wasnt interested in the kawi

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mikem317 said:
First bike?
yeah its my first street bike, been riding dirt bikes for 10 years tho

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
i cant seem want something that looks like i just pulled it out of my nose! lol J/K, i do like kawi, but i just hate that color green, and i havent seen them in any other color, thats why i really wasnt interested in the kawi
The 636 is available in blue, red, and silver (looks like silver).

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh, i'll have to look at the kawasaki's more, i never new that!

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
yeah its my first street bike, been riding dirt bikes for 10 years tho
I'd prob. go sit on a few to get a feel for the ergos at a local dealer. If you can wait, you might want to do the deal after the season's up; more of a buyer's market then.

BTW, the ergos can be totally different from bike to bike. Even within the same make (e.g. F4i vs. 600RR). Some clip-ons are lower than others, rear sets in different spots, etc.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:

I actually dont like the green color either. I personally like the blue or maybe black version A LOT better. I dunno some days it seems any color looks good to be when the light hits it just right. The orange is pretty origional looking.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
oh, i'll have to look at the kawasaki's more, i never new that!
Well then, you should shop around before you decide to buy then. Kawasaki Racing Green maybe be Kawa's favorite color but it's not their only color.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Bomb300 said:
Well then, you should shop around before you decide to buy then. Kawasaki Racing Green maybe be Kawa's favorite color but it's not their only color.
Kawi offers a blue that is pretty sweet :cheers

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i think im gonna just have to sit on all of them to see which is the most comfortable for me. reason i wanted the yamaha is because i felt the most comfortable on all their dirt bikes and atv's over any other brand, but i guess that sportbikes are a whole different ball game, so im gonna have to check them all out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts