1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
I started on the 500 so i recommend that. :D

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Used EX500 because it's used and it's cheaper, and becasue its a 500 which in my mind is a good mid sized bike to start out on. Once you get the basics down you still have a big enough bike to have fun on.

·
Registered
646 Posts
21 natas said:
Used EX500 because it's used and it's cheaper, and becasue its a 500 which in my mind is a good mid sized bike to start out on. Once you get the basics down you still have a big enough bike to have fun on.
what he said...and welcome my young padawan learner!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just got a EX500 as well too (brand new), and I had a katana 600 for a VERY brief moment also. Without a doubt, and without any hesitation can I recommend the EX500 for a beginner (which I still am). I feel much more in control when riding the Kawi.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I recommend the EX500... initially devalues quickly so it can be had for a good price, replacement parts easily available (it's been in production for 19 years!!!), cheap insurance, easy to ride, good amounts of power without too much, fairly reliable.

Not to say the others aren't good bikes, too. This has been my experience with the (Ninja) (EX)500(R).

·
Registered
681 Posts
Best beginner bike...the ones at the MSF course, period! Then, when you pass the course, get one similar in cc size/power and LEARN!

·
Registered
173 Posts
honda cbr 600 f2 / f3 or katana 600...enough to have fun and very rider friendly...you wont get sick of it after 2 months...get it used so that when you drop it or dump it you wont feel so bad...this was my first bike at 16yrs so in contrast to what everyone says it can be done...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Kawasaki ex500, or Suzuki GS500 (if you really want the sport look)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts