Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on this board have one? I mean, sure they're expensive, buy you'd think someone would have one... They're easily the badest looking bikes on the planet.

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
On my "Wish" list...I think the last time I heard, the conversion put them around $30k? A little higher than the RSV Mille R :). I've also heard rumors about complications between the Benelli corp guru's and their EU distributor network. Something about broken contracts or something...Anyways, what it all comes down to is that if they are in the US, they most likely dont have a DOT certification, or a US VIN. You could ship one in, but to my knowledge, there is no distributor base in the US now. All of this is subject to correction by someone with better memory than me.

The 'hopper

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
the basic model i beleive is around 25k, so your not far off. they were supposedly finally going to hit the US market sometime in the next 3 years, but from what it looks like, that wont happen because of contract issues and non cooperation between national distribution firms. definately a dream bike though. sat on one in daytona last year. changed undies, and moved on. hehe

·
Registered
681 Posts
Grashopr said:
On my "Wish" list...I think the last time I heard, the conversion put them around $30k? A little higher than the RSV Mille R :).
The 'hopper
I'd hate to buy bikes where you live....I can get a Mille Factory R for 16k.

The Tre was supposed to be priced at around 18k, the 30k model was the limited additon like the MV Agusta Serie Oro.....w/ all that carbon bodywork....so said the Benelli Rep at the show in Feb, 2003.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That looks sick.

The thing I love the most about them is the twin fans under the seat, look like little jet engines :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's on my "I just won the lottery, you can kiss my ass because I'm buying whatever I want and I don't work for you anymore!!" list...

That, and a murcielago, Enzo... and whatever else I've ever wanted...

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I saw 2 of those riding side by side the other day. And there is one down the street from me. Nice looking bikes, sound nice too.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Radical looks, other than that it is an overpriced POS

·
Registered
646 Posts
firefighter81 said:
I saw 2 of those riding side by side the other day. And there is one down the street from me. Nice looking bikes, sound nice too.
AH...to live in italy...

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
That is a sick bike, I would love to see one on the road

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Flash6R said:
AH...to live in italy...
It's nice sometimes, other times it sucks, but I like it overall, I get to see alot of cool bikes.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Süsser Tod said:
Radical looks, other than that it is an overpriced POS
:lame And you would know this how again? oh, that's right, you have a chinese bike that's a POS...and they are apples to apples in comparison.

·
Resident Gun Nut
1,092 Posts
every write up that i have written on the benelli has been fairly negative towards the bike. that includes both US and Brit articles. they say that the engine is underpowered, the ergos are bad, and it isn't put together as well as it should be for the price.

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
cookhj said:
every write up that i have written on the benelli has been fairly negative towards the bike. that includes both US and Brit articles. they say that the engine is underpowered, the ergos are bad, and it isn't put together as well as it should be for the price.
yeah it looks like the pointy tank wouldnt be too comfortable on your groinular sack region

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
taziscool said:
:lame And you would know this how again? oh, that's right, you have a chinese bike that's a POS...and they are apples to apples in comparison.
Just because I have a Chinese POS I can't call that thing a French POS? (If you didn't knew, the Tornado is Renault's first atempt on a modern SS bike...)

By the way, my Chinese POS retails at $1230 USD, and it is a great value for what I paid for it. Tornado TRE = $30,000 for a bike that is no where near being competitive...

If you think that a bike, that isn't even competitive with current 1000cc SS STOCKbikes that cost one third of its price, that is built around the best aftermarket parts with no room for upgrades (as it already haves almost the best money can buy) is HOT, then you need a clue.

That thing, even the lightest one, Tornado TRE LE, with the Ohlins suspension, Brembo brakes and forged Marchesini wheels weights 30 pounds more than a 04 R1 and makes almost 40 horses less!!!

Heck, even the CBR 1000 RR that is heavily critiziced for its weight is LIGHTER, by 6.5 kgs (14 pounds) than the TRE LE.

But we are talking about the Tornado TRE...

198 KG = 436.5 lbs. (Dry weight)
105 KW = 140.8 HP

Yamaha 04 YZF R1
379 lbs. (Dry weight)
180 HP (manufacturer claimed)

150 HP average at the rear wheel (thats what 04 R1s have dynoed consistently)

The TRE doesn't even have radial brakes, cast aluminum wheels and the same 140HP engine as EVERY other Benelli...

What are you paying $30,000 for???

If you still think that a mediocre bike, overpriced, coming from a company with no previous SS bike experience is HOT you Sr. seriosly need a clue. This is not spec sheet racing, for that kind of price it should be superior to a comecial SS bike in almost every aspect, but even their top of the line bike is INFERIOR by more that 10% in EVERY aspect!

If you want performance, buy the R1, and get the best aftermarket stuff you can with the leftover $20,000. Heck, with that kind of money you can buy two R1s, keep one as a street bike and turn the other into a badass track bike.

Now, if you think that a rear mounted radiator (wich makes absolutely no sense, it is kept outside of the airstream, it is heavier as it requires more water lines and more water in the system) and a "radical" styling is worth $20,000 then get one.

Renault bought an "old" brand and made a bike. There is no heritage on those bikes, there is nothing Benelli on those Benellis.
This is the first "Benelli" bike in almost 30 years!!!

You like paying for a brand name??? It is like Maybach, the brand itself flopped, the car by its own merits kept itself alive, but the Maybach brand means nothing, it should be changed to a model name.

Now a brand like Bimota with a little bit better history, inovation history and racing heritage makes a lot more sense than an unknown dead brand.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts