Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Z750 front end, 6th gen VFR800 rear, inline 4 cyl. . . looks alright. no opinion on the quality of it.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I will knock the chinese until they can, themselves, create a vehicle and manufacture it to a standard as high or higher than current makers form other markets.

The chinese aren't making these either, if I read correctly. the Chinese own the company and Benelli does the manufacturing in Italy.

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
I will knock the chinese until they can, themselves, create a vehicle and manufacture it to a standard as high or higher than current makers form other markets.

The chinese aren't making these either, if I read correctly. the Chinese own the company and Benelli does the manufacturing in Italy.
Benelli will find that as soon as the engineers leave the building, the Chineese will cheat on production specs. Quality will be marginal at best.

The article says that Benelli does the designing and engineering and builds bikes for their (read Euro, maybe NA) market. QJ builds the bikes for the Asian market.

·
Registered
330 Posts
While I do like the looks/number of the bike, when I do a EUR to USD conversion I come up at around 9k (Not saying that would be the price, just a conversion from EUR to USD). At that number, I am buying an FZ-09.

Reactions: OldSchlPunk

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
From the front I see some slight visual cues from the Suzuki B King, including the front fender. Looks like a pretty standard design of the motor, lotta familiar setups. I've always been partial to the Bennelli Tornado Tre, it was a gorgeous bike. It would be nice to see some Benellis floating around here, I hope they do well.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
The article says that Benelli does the designing and engineering and builds bikes for their (read Euro, maybe NA) market. QJ builds the bikes for the Asian market.
Benelli does the R&D, QJ makes the BN600 in China. The only bikes made in Italy are the high end triples.

Nope, only the high end triples are made in Italy. The BN600 and upcoming 300cc twin are made in China.

That being said, they have been "selling" the BN600 for a while in Mexico and I've yet to see one on the road. QJ used the Benelli name heavily to promote their own brand, Keeway, and that has really affected the Benelli brand, they are now associated with cheap Chinese bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts