Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would i get out of adding a power commander to may '01 f4i? noticeable difference? will it give me more in the mid and top end? anyone have one happy with it?

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
What mods do you have where you believe adding a PC is required? Full system? Airbox/filter? PC's aren't needed really on a stock bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have K&Ns and scorpion pipe. thinking of going full exhaust, but want the best one for my bike. which one is the best for this bike?brand and model.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
1st off, a K&N air filter on an F4i will generally cause it to loose HP, believe it or not. It's not much, but if you want every HP out of your bike and 2hp makes a difference to you, you might want to go back to the stock element. 2nd, with a pipe already on the bike, the main thing I noticed with a PCIII is that it smoothes out the power and takes a lot of the hesitation away. On my old F4i, my gas mileage went up by a fair amount also after the PCIII.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Josh D said:
1st off, a K&N air filter on an F4i will generally cause it to loose HP, believe it or not. It's not much, but if you want every HP out of your bike and 2hp makes a difference to you, you might want to go back to the stock element. 2nd, with a pipe already on the bike, the main thing I noticed with a PCIII is that it smoothes out the power and takes a lot of the hesitation away. On my old F4i, my gas mileage went up by a fair amount also after the PCIII.
thanks for the info!!! i added the K&N over the winter. thought it would help i guess. for the $$$ i may just keep it as is and save for a b***** bike.

P.S.- I MISS THE CUBBY HOLE!!! thought just crossed my mind

·
Registered
987 Posts
dan03rev said:
thanks for the info!!! i added the K&N over the winter. thought it would help i guess. for the $$$ i may just keep it as is and save for a b***** bike.

P.S.- I MISS THE CUBBY HOLE!!! thought just crossed my mind

Is the throttle smooth any hestation or dead spots? Smooth throttle is the biggest benifit you might get a couple more HP if your bike is running OK now just save for a better bike. Josh is right about the K&N. If you keep it make sure it has the least possible amount of oil that can do the job. Most come with too much oil from the factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts