Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chad
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, my girlfriend's Mother has nearly lost her battle with cancer. She has no life insurance so we need help giving her the burial she deserves. If you do not have plans next Friday please come out and have a good dinner for a good cause. The $8 donation must be paid in advance or you can RSVP with my Mom, her info is below. Her prognosis has changed and she is not expected to make it another week so if you are coming and can pre-pay that would really help out. Here are the details...

Fundraiser for cancer victim, Joyce Annette Boyd

Annette was diagnosed with cancer in December 2007; and she went through radical abdominal surgery in January 2008. She had 4 out of 6 chemotherapy treatments when unfortunately more cancer was found in her abdomen and lungs. The doctors gave her little hope with 6 more highly toxic chemotherapy treatments only giving her a 30% chance of living an additional 6 months. Good Shepherd Hospice says she may have only a short time of 4 – 8 weeks left to live.

Sadly to say, Annette has no life insurance. Annette’s husband Allen and two daughters Casey and Brittany along with family and friends are having a fundraiser to give Annette the burial that she so rightfully deserves.

A pre-paid $8.00 donation spaghetti dinner with salad, bread, dessert and beverage will be held at the Auburndale Community Church, 1955 Highway 92 West, Winter Haven, FL on Friday, September 19, 2008 from 4:00 - 7:30 p.m.

Please RSVP to Pam at [email protected] or phone 863-956-2685 or 863-221-0737.

Please reserve your dinners (to pay at the door) by
e-mail or phone no later than Monday, September 15, 2008
(leave a name and # of dinners you want).

For those who cannot attend the spaghetti dinner, an account for donations has also been setup for Annette Boyd at the MidFlorida Credit Union address: 2146 U.S. Hwy 92 W.

Auburndale, FL 33823 Account # 436103
You may make a deposit at any MidFlorida and for those out of town or
out of State, a donation may be mailed to the address above, please be sure to make checks payable to MidFlorida - acct.# 436103.

Please give from the heart!
Sincerely, husband – Allen, daughters - Casey and Brittany, along with family and friends

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Sorry to hear this Chad, if you would post again Monday so we dont forget

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Bryan could you put this up top for untill next week

·
John 18:33-37
4,016 Posts
Chad - My prayers are with Annette, her family, and everyone close to her.

Tina works Friday nights so I'm not sure if I can get my family to the dinner, but I will commit to a deposit in the MidFlorida account.

I agree with Phil - This needs to be a sticky.

·
Chad
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We really appreciate the support from those who have donated or purchased tickets so far. Still a few more days to get your tickets so back to the top it goes. Thanks again to those who have helped.

I'll be working in Ft. Lauderdale that day so I will be rolling in a little late but hopefully I'll catch some of you guys there.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
just a reminder the dinner is today, info is above

·
Chad
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just wanted to thank all of you who donated money and for all the prayers. The dinner went great, food was awesome. We do not have the final tally yet but we are over $3000 so far. Thanks again guys, it's great to know that the guys here can always be counted on.

Annette left us for heaven today at 5:15am surrounded by her loved ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts