18,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full story in link below.

Soup :: Shock: Ben Spies To Return To Racing :: 04-01-2014

Shock: Ben Spies To Return To Racing

by staff

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Well that didn't take long.

Three time AMA Superbike champion, World Superbike champion and GP winner Ben Spies announced in a media teleconference today that he will make a return to racing in 2014. Spies retired last fall because of complications from a shoulder injury and shoulder surgery.

"I'm back on the track and ready to add some more trophies to the rack," Spies said.

Spies said his shoulder has responded to a new treatment regimen and as of today he plans to race in both the United States and Europe this season. The American world champion was vague as to exactly which series he'd be racing.

What about the new pro-am Triple Crown series? "Triple Crown, Quadruple Crown, I don't care, I'll race anything, anywhere," the Texas resident said.

In an unusual--even for Spies--media event, the teleconference was held with Spies while he was in a gym doing push-ups. Spies inferred he did so to prove that his shoulder is fully healed.

Additionally, to "silence the doubters" Spies did push ups US Marine-style, clapping between pushups, all while on speakerphone with a small group of selected US race media insiders.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
:eek:nfloor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts