Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Curious who here has bells on their bikes? I just got one from a co-worker/Friend as a present for my birthday.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Silver350 said:
Just Curious who here has bells on their bikes? I just got one from a co-worker/Friend as a present for my birthday.
Isn't that a Harley thing? The only person I know of that has a bell on their bike is a friend who rides a Harley... supposed to keep the gremlins away... I guess a Harley owner needs all the help they can get. :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Silver350 said:
Did you install it on the bike yourself? It doesn't work if you install it yourself -- someone else has to install it for you. That's the rules and it's true because I put the bell on my first FZ1 myself and I crashed that one hard.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's not a "Harley" thing it's an old school rider thing, to keep road demons away or gremlins, the sound of the bells is supposed to scare them. I have seen them on all kinds of bikes, I guess every little bit helps if you belive in those sort of things

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes my co-worker put the bell on my bike. he was having problems finding a spot to put it that would not get in the way. It ended up going on a mounting bracet on the forks. I have a harley probally another reason why he put it on my bike. I was just curious it was only a harley thing or if any sport bike has them. He's not at work anymore so I cannot ask him.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I wonder how these bells work on scaring deer off. :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts