Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's something oddly strange about riding the bike with a backpack containing a gallon of beer that was bought from a brewery next door to a high school.

I will say, that gallon on my back made the bike feel rather strange as far as handling goes.

Scraped a bit more of my left shicken strip off. It really surprised me how far over she can go. Now all I need to do is go around that corner in the opposite direction to scrape down the right side.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
That's why I refuse to ride with a back pack. I know the extra weight on me would be a pain and change the feel of things. Tank or tail bags for me. I've had two gallons of water in my tail bag before and there was no difference in feel of the bike (or strain on my back).

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crx81 said:
That's why I refuse to ride with a back pack. I know the extra weight on me would be a pain and change the feel of things. Tank or tail bags for me. I've had two gallons of water in my tail bag before and there was no difference in feel of the bike (or strain on my back).
I don't have anything to put them in other than a backpack. I just had to take it easy around the corners.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I live with my back pack. I have one of those one stap over the shoulder kinds...I also ride with my cobra chain on my back...it get heavy, but In NYC you have no other choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Half-rack in the back-pack works fine for me. I also go to the post office every day with packages. Was going to use a strap on (no pun intended..hehe) bag but it didn't offer any good way to connect/disconnect. Then if I got the magnetic, I would have to take it after getting off the bike no matter what or worry about it getting stolen.
I would definitely stick to cans though as far as the beer goes :)... bit lighter.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Carrying beer in the backpack while riding the bike... :bitchslap hah sorry i had to

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Spike said:
Carrying beer in the backpack while riding the bike... :bitchslap hah sorry i had to
As long as he's not drinking it while or before the ride, it's perfectly fine. :beer

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
LoL Yeah I suppose you're right...

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
yeah i've ridden a few times with a thirty pack in the backpack. kinda takes some gitting used to but makes doing power whellies a lot easier. whatever it takes to get the beer home safely.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
wheelies with a beer, you never worry about spilling the beer? lol

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
That's alcohol abuse isn't it?? :lol

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
only if it falls out on the way home.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
redoliander said:
only if it falls out on the way home.
:eek:nfloor :cheers

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
That's gonna be some frothy brew when he gets home. I wouldn't even open it haha

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spike said:
Had to get it home somehow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts