Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been around the forums since I was like 15 I remember being young and stupid and wanting to get a bike before even learning to drive a car, a sportbikes at that lol. Like everything eventually I got a beater Japanese and learned to drive and my time spent lurking the forums didn't quite end till about a year after I began driving and got into the muscle car scene. Bought a 91 stick shift 5.0 and never looked back to the world of bikes. There were plenty of people I remember looking up to at the time. Fast forward I'm 22 now and 7 years down the road I learned some things both the easy and the hard way. I currently own a 2005 GSXR750 but no it isn't my first bike. Before this I had a 2004 Ninja 250 when I was 18, rode the crap out of that for about a year, had some oh shit moment some sad moments when the guys in liter bikes passed me up but was wise enough to know that it was something I needed to take one step at a time. Then after owning that I spend about a year without riding due to mechanical problems with the bike and I ended up selling it for dirt cheap. When I turned 20 I got myself a 2012 Ninja 650r, it had gone a long way since the initial designs came out when I was a teenager. It was a bike that I really loved it had the perfect torque and modified handle bard, ermaxracing windscreen, erg tail tiddy and a complete makeover of the color, it turned into something sweet and not so common around my areas. I took the whole bike apart and shot a base coat of envirobase ford wildstrawberry from a 91 mustang. It was a really unique color and no other 2012 looked like it. Of course at this point I was much more mechanically inclined compared to when I was riding round the two fiddy. After riding that for almost a year and a half I had a pretty bad wreck and my bike was a total loss. It took me almost a whole year to get back into riding until I eventually got the 750 which the second inline I owned and had a diff power and compared to the 650. Before the 750 I had a zx6r for like 2 months which I quickly sold because I didn't like it at all for some reason it felt heavy and sluggish. Plus it had too many miles and seemed like a ticking time bomb. The 750 I've owned for about 6-7 months and I like the bike. It was garaged most it's life so I got it with only 1k miles. So far just added a yoshimura trs slip on and not much but maintenance has been done to it. Bike has now 8k on the clock and counting.

Just thought id give some input and make a proper introduction, from Redwood City CA. It's a pleasure to be back! Hope I can be a good contribution I'm young but not as dumb anymore! Let's see what happens!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Welcome back! looks like a mighty fine bike you have there!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nice! The Ninja looks great from the front! I'm a little confused on the matte black accents on the gixxer but it looks very clean. Welcome back, rubber side down!

Reactions: Young_Louie

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! The Ninja looks great from the front! I'm a little confused on the matte black accents on the gixxer but it looks very clean. Welcome back, rubber side down!
The guy I bought it from had the right side fairing cracked from a low slide drop, just rattle canned a temporary flat paint job until I am able to paint the whole bike. I kind of wanted to do the same color scheme as my 650r but I am unsure as white has also crossed my mind. I work at a body shop so the cost is do-able I just don't have time to let the bike sit without plastics as I commute with it. We will see time will tell!

Glad to be back yall! :banana

·
Registered
808 Posts
I didn't think I was gonna like the painted ninja, but I really did. Cool to hear your story, and welcome back.

I had a 750 for a short while, probably the best motorcycle I've ever ridden.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't think I was gonna like the painted ninja, but I really did. Cool to hear your story, and welcome back.

I had a 750 for a short while, probably the best motorcycle I've ever ridden.
I'm glad you liked it, after the handle bar upgrade, ermax windscreen, tail tiddy and paint makeover it didn't look to shabby stood out from other 650's I had seen around.

And yeah these 750's are great, I just did an oil change and coolant flush and exchange and its running smooth again, Suzuki makes a great bike, that and I don't do the whole "Stunt" thing so hopefully it should last a while in my stable.

Currently shoping for a used Daytona 675 but I doubt I will replace it with one, just have one for weekends and one for my dd we'll see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts